Iphone memory map app

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
johnonthetyne

Iphone memory map app

Post by johnonthetyne »

Theres a free version allowing 300 square kms or full version for £19.99, good value methinks, av downloaded free version and you can pick which areas you want of your free sqare kms. Eats the battery though.
Cunobelin

Re: Iphone memory map app

Post by Cunobelin »

Read the small print....

You do NOT get full UK mapping for £19.99, you get the ability to transfer any maps you own from your PC, but it must be v5...

Over 250,000 customers already use Memory-Map on their PCs and GPS units and now at last it’s available on iPhone. The App retains Memory-Map’s famous ultra fast dynamic map scrolling but adds the iPhone’s unique Pinch & Zoom finger controls to make it even easier to see and use full colour detailed maps in the outdoors.

Walking, cycling, marine, aviation, 4x4, or whatever your outdoor passion, Memory-Map has the additional maps and charts you need. Available to purchase from your favourite retail store or directly from your iPhone using Memory-Map’s Digital Map Shop.

As an existing Memory-Map customer choose the Paid app and you can add your Memory-Map v5 maps and charts from your PC to your iPhone for FREE using a home WiFi network.*

Not an existing Memory-Map customer?

Don’t worry, the Topo Sample Pack includes over 3,500 sqkm of Digital Map Shop map credits so you can download and start using detailed topo maps on your iPhone straight away including OS Landranger and OS Explorer maps.
To access sample maps at your current location:

* Tap the Map Folder icon on the left of the toolbar
* Tap "More maps..." and select "Digital Map Shop"
* Select the map you want and Create a new account (Sign In if you already have a Memory-Map Digital Map Shop account)
* Encrypted map data now starts to download and fill the screen
* To decrypt the map tap Activate. This will confirm the type of map you are about to Activate, its area and how much credit you have left in your account
* As you scroll the map more data is downloaded and activated in the same way

Same old ripoff where you have to keep updating the entire map series to use features like this.

One of the reasons I stopped using Memory-Map et al and now use online planners
johnonthetyne

Post by johnonthetyne »

thanks for that ,i downloaded it last night on nightshift , the route i travel home along the a69 in the tyne valley, i must say the little red dot depicting my location was stop on even at 70 mph.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

.. and the "free maps have a90 day expiry so rendering the app even more useless!
foxy12

Post by foxy12 »

I have a Nokia 5230 which includes free Ovi maps and updates forever. You can plan your trip using the maps and also get voice directions if you wish. For a free plug-in the Ovi maps are excellent.

http://maps.nokia.com/ovi-services-and- ... -maps-main