Booking cycle reservations on Virgin Trains

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Sweep

Re: Booking cycle reservations on Virgin Trains

Post by Sweep »

By "secured" pete, I meant secured from crashing to the floor.

How do you stop that?
Sweep
RickH

Post by RickH »

Sweep wrote:On your point about any station Rick, I have been told by my local London one by a guy who seemed to know his stuff that that is not actually the case.

Although my local one can, if I get the right member of staff, extract the bike booking I have made via Virgin West Coast's dysfunctional call centre, I have been told that actual bookings of myself and bike cannot be done by them as it is run by TfL. I was told that I would have to go to an ATOC (assoc of train operating companies) one.

Sorry my mistake I had forgotten about TfL being the odd one out - unless anyone else knows otherwise, I think it is the only one & only affects (some of) those unfortunate enough (? :twisted: ) to live there.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

twisted evil accepted.

I'm from a small place not too far from you.

And do return (Virgin willing)

Enraged by Virgin west coast keeping me on hold forever for a booking that would probably have screwed up anyway, I got on the bike to the friendly chap at the local station (one train an hour each direction) and he made the booking I had seen online, complete with bike and printed it all off. Way faster. And less stressful.
Sweep
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Sweep wrote:By "secured" pete, I meant secured from crashing to the floor.

How do you stop that?

I don't "secure" them in any way and they don't crash to the floor. High speed rail lines are smooth running.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker