Short Wave Radios.

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
simonineaston

Re: Short Wave Radios.

Post by simonineaston »

Me and a buddy took a tiny telly with us up Snowdon one March - it was a bit rubbish as the screen was so small that only one person could view it at once and the low temp.s didn't do much for the battery life...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
simonhill

Re: Short Wave Radios.

Post by simonhill »

Cripes, this is a rave from the grave. My post at No3 is interesting (for me) to read. I used to love my SW radio when travelling. Since getting a portable internet device in 2013 and almost ubiquitous wifi, the radio fell out of favour. I have taken it on the odd occasion that I tent camped in UK and EU, but no more on my long haul travels.

I think the BBC World Service has changed quite a lot now. I only listen occasionally as it is on the R4 FM waveband in the wee hours slot. It certainly used to be my friend when staying in some dire towns and hotels. One occasion was a couple of days I spent in bed with only my SW for company - it was Wuhan and I had a respiratory complaint. Fortunately BC (Before Covid) way back in 1986.