trains Andalucia

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
AMC

trains Andalucia

Post by AMC »

Please moderate me if I'm going on too much!
The road into Cadiz is a main highway, & although it's permitted to cycle on the hard lane of the autopistas it can be a bit noisy & tiring. (Often the autopista offers only straight route out of a town & they're ok to cycle, especially at night, but watch for fast moving traffic joining from the right). An alternative is to get a train or boat ("El Vapor") from Puerta Santa Maria with the bike into Cadiz - much nicer than the motorway!

Ok, I'll stop banging on now...
ThomasDylan

Post by ThomasDylan »

Pedants' corner time :-)

I think you mean El Puerto de Santa Maria.

Ah, the Costa de la Luz. Great manzanilla, superb seafood, no high-risers (yet), no chavs or hordes of "foreign" tourists (and a Spanish ex- to wistfully think back on).
AMC

Post by AMC »

I think you're right, I do mean El Puerto de Santa Maria. My Spanish teacher will be grateful for the reminder of harbout gender, as indeed am I. Thank you. Long live pedantry.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Pedants' corner time

Using the wrong gender in French or Welsh or Spanish
is rather like saying "You was" or instead of " you were"
in English; the Welsh are so keen for people to learn Welsh
that they(we) don't mind at all, but the French see it as
ignorance, entirely forgiveable in a foreigner.

Many French or Spanish people ALSO get the wrong gender....
takes some thinking!
AMC

Post by AMC »

Diolch yn fawr am y syniad 'na - dwi'n wedi bod yn dysgu Cymraeg hefyd (mae'n teimlo fel gwaith caled weithiau!) ac mae'n neis iawn i glywed o'r rhywun o Gymru.

well - this is what I hope I've said yn Saesneg/English:
Thanks for that idea - I've been learning Welsh aswell, (feels like hard work sometimes!) & it's really nice to hear from someone from Wales. (Hugo will spot the missing mutation & spelling mistakes in that lot.)
andy

Trains

Post by andy »

Having just returned from cycling vias verde in andalucia and using trains for longer distances I can vouch for their reliability and low cost. Just check out on renfe website coz not all trains allow bikes especially the AVE or TALGO both high speed. Enjoy!