Cycling length of UK and Tour de France June and July 2007

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
epack629

Cycling length of UK and Tour de France June and July 2007

Postby epack629 » 3 Feb 2007, 3:43pm

This summer, I plan on riding the length of the UK (Land's End to John o'Groats), then taking a ferry over to France and riding the route of the 2007 Tour de France while it is in progress (July 7th-July 29th). I will be living out of my BOB Trailer and camping out each night. Once the tour is over, I might continue to cycle in Europe for a while but nothing is planned yet.

I am a laid back 23 year old dude from Milwaukee, WI. This past summer (2006), I met up with a 32 year old bloke from Wales and spent an awesome two months cycling across the United States. We planned on riding 60+ miles per day; however, we ended up riding closer to 90 miles/day with a rest day each week. We camped out every night that we were not offered a roof over our heads. We felt very fortunate with the hospitality of everyone we met. Many people we came across fed us and gave us a place to stay.

Check online (www.letour.com) for specifics regarding the Tour de France. I can speak basic French but will be brushing up these next few months. I would certainly enjoy some company, so if you are interested, please contact me. This will surely be an amazing experience.

-Evan

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 3 Feb 2007, 3:53pm

WOW!

It makes my Land's End to John O'Groats and Back look tame!

Good luck!

Mick F. Cornwall

Penfold
Location: Black Country in the heart of England (Gods country)

Postby Penfold » 3 Feb 2007, 4:33pm

That is one awsome trip.

Would it not be better to ride JOG-LE though?

Just a thought as the ferries tend to be 'darn sarf' :wink:
I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything,
I still believe that people are really good at heart.
- Anne Frank

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
- Winston Churchill