Training for JOG LE Start End May 2007

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Ron

Post by Ron »

All this training sounds a lot more demanding than the trip itself, I'm just glad I did not hear of the need for training before my LEJOG or I would never have started off. :)
jean

Post by jean »

I would agree to the last message...just get on your bike and do it. You don't need that lot of training to do Land's End. I am 61 and I did John O'Groats- Land's End two years ago in 18 days in the worst conditions (rain and wind).
I had all my luggage on my bike. It was a great experience, a lot of full English breakfast, a lot of beer (especially at Slaidburn at the Inn).
I met a lot of interesting people and I did not have a single puncture.
But the wind was in my nose all through the trip......
Get on your bike and enjoy it.
Georgiecycle

Touring with kit

Post by Georgiecycle »

If you're going to be riding with a trailer/panniers I would try to fit in a couple of long weekend rides in before you go. You will get a feel for how the bike handles and find out if you need to make any set up adjustments and more importantly - how your tendons take to the weight. Remember to stretch as much as possible!

At the end of the day it's an excuse to get out there and go camping!!

I'm going to the Cotswolds at Easter with my BoB and kit for the weekend to test it all out. I'm leaving Land's End for JOG on 2 June and really need to pick up my training now - you can see my training log at www.myspace.com/georgiecycle.