Peak District mini tour

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Trigger

Re: Peak District mini tour

Post by Trigger »

Nutsey wrote:Ladybower - Understood. Its on the list :D Is it just a resevoir or is there more to it? A village?

Yeah there's a village, it's under the water in the Res though :lol:
sea lion

Post by sea lion »

You sould find plenty of places to camp if you head right to the heart of things (esp hope valley). Bear in mind a lot serious hikers/students etc. visit in winter and expect to camp.

I know there are 2 campsites in edale open (field head and coopers).

An absolute gem is the field at the back of the three stags pub (SK17 8RW). Real ale pub that serves food such as rabbit pie. Don't ask for lager or a vegetarian option as you will likely be thrown out.

There is another at the back of a pub about 5 miles from buxton on the main road to ashbourne.

The shady oak pub at fernilee.

Personally if visiting at that time of year I would just chance it, and be prepared to wild camp if I had to.

Cheshire will have very little camping (cycled for 60 miles around it yesterday, didn't see one) because it just doesn't attract that type of tourist (Gucci don't make tents :wink: )
Nutsey

Post by Nutsey »

sea lion wrote:You sould find plenty of places to camp if you head right to the heart of things (esp hope valley). Bear in mind a lot serious hikers/students etc. visit in winter and expect to camp.

I know there are 2 campsites in edale open (field head and coopers).

An absolute gem is the field at the back of the three stags pub (SK17 8RW). Real ale pub that serves food such as rabbit pie. Don't ask for lager or a vegetarian option as you will likely be thrown out.

There is another at the back of a pub about 5 miles from buxton on the main road to ashbourne.

The shady oak pub at fernilee.

Personally if visiting at that time of year I would just chance it, and be prepared to wild camp if I had to.

Cheshire will have very little camping (cycled for 60 miles around it yesterday, didn't see one) because it just doesn't attract that type of tourist ([ we are thieving scum ] don't make tents :wink: )

Excellent post. Just what I was after.

I am a real-ale lover and carnivore, so these are on the list :mrgreen: