Kit photo

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Mike777

Kit photo

Post by Mike777 »

Hi all

I am always reviewing the kit I take on small tours to reduce weight and ensure I only take what is totally necacsry.

This time I am really struggling with the weight....just can not seem to get it down so I've taken a photo and would welcome any views on what to ditch :D

Any ideas ! ! !

Thanks

Mike
Attachments
Kit.jpg
hubgearfreak

Re: Kit photo

Post by hubgearfreak »

you're missing some bottled ale. and a tankard to drink them from :D
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Do I really see a a big orange tool that appears to be a battery operated screwdriver, why are carrying this, then thee will be plenty of room for the ale and tankard. :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

it's also just occured to me that you've not even got a ceramic teapot or BBQ and coals
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Where's the kitchen sink?
Mick F. Cornwall
531colin

Post by 531colin »

If you're taking the battery nipple driver, you need to take some rims, hubs, and spokes to build up, don't you?
Barrenfluffit

Post by Barrenfluffit »

Mmm electric screwdriver plus Ikea bag; ok everyone needs a pastime and its nice to get comfortable but what's wrong with a book.
And energy drinks are for people who don't read the labels; coffee is the only energy drink with a decent caffeine content!
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Four cans of "Red Bull" ? couldn't you take some caffeine tablets - or some of that illegal powdery stuff?
And is that a rechargable 'driver ?
I'm bemused. :?
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

I can't see what's in all those bags, or what all those rolled-up things are. It might help if you typed a list of the items.

Deffo ditch the electric screwdriver. If you use the survival bag instead of a sleeping bag and tent, I applaud you. If you never use it, ditch it.

That's not a bad rule: if there is something you never use, ditch it. If there is something you have used but could have managed without, ditch it. You'll end it with the essentials for sleeping and eating. Everything else, including all tools, anything electronic, and cameras, are luxuries.

Once you have stripped down to essentials, start adding luxuries. Top of my list: tube and tools to change it, camera, notebook (the paper variety), pen, toothbrush, paste, spare socks.
uphillbothways

Post by uphillbothways »

I dunno, you're at about bare bones already. I don't know how you're going to manage without a workshop stand, a headset press, six cans of lager, a poached haddock, two turtledoves and a tin of stripy paint.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Five chain rings
Four cotter pins
Three French threads
Two turtle doves
and a cartridge bottom brack-et

OK, I'll get me coat..........
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

531colin wrote:Four cotter pins.

these will need a 1lb hammer to be any use :wink: (or does that orange thing in the bottom right double up as one)
Mike777

Post by Mike777 »

Ahhhhhhh................

Many thanks to everyone who replied.....it's amazing getting other people’s opinions as often things are missed and it's good to get other people's views.

So based on priorities given and suggestions made I have repacked every thing again.

What are people’s views this time?

Regards

Mike
Attachments
Kit 5 (1).jpg
meic

Post by meic »

You must have one enormous hubdynamo to power that iron.

I suppose it is needed though to revitalise the proofing on your goretex jacket.
Yma o Hyd
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

4 beers won't last long. and a glass tankard, are you mad, man? :shock:

a pewter one could have a polished bottom to act as a shaving mirror in addition to not making more glass shards. i'm sure we're all agreed that there's enough of those, already :|