Front rack for disc brakes

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
garethuglow

Front rack for disc brakes

Post by garethuglow »

I apologise if this has already been discussed but I did a search and couldn't find anything recent/relevant.

I was wondering if the Salsa Down Under rack is the only lowrider around which will definitely fit front forks with disc brakes? I have a Salsa Vaya which has double sided mid fork braze-ons and a pair of eyelets at the bottom, one either side of the dropout.

I have heard plenty about things that can be bodged to fit, but I want something that's designed to the task. It'd be nice if it cost less than the £70 Salsa as well - I really wanted the Tubus Duo but that would interfere with the brake.
http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b104s79p8312&rs=gb

Thanks

Gareth
Barrenfluffit

Re: Front rack for disc brakes

Post by Barrenfluffit »

umm not sure but provided you have enough mounting points the disk brakes shouldn't be an issue.

if you have front suspension then the choice is narrowed and Old Man mountain have one which mounts on the brake bosses and an extended skewer.
b1galus

Post by b1galus »

tubus do one that fits disc brakes and suspension forks
garethuglow

Post by garethuglow »

It's not got suspension, has plenty of braze-ons, and I'd like something streamlined and simple - the OMM ones look a bit agricultural!
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

I've used a Tubus Tara
A bit of a tight fit, and a second mudguard stay would wreck things, but it worked
(Berthoud stainless 'guards)