Recommend me a rack pack for commuting please

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
ishi0000

Re: Recommend me a rack pack for commuting please

Post by ishi0000 »

If it's not to much of a fiddle, could you not keep all your stuff in a bag, in the rack pack and leave the rack pack on the bike and just take the bag with you :?:

Just made me think..One thing i kept from my motorbike was a rack net, like a net of bungee ropes.. Image

Cost a couple of quid, with a stuff bag it would be good I imagine. And the net will always compress it as small as the contents... No zips no Velcro and no £50 gone...
Russcoles

Post by Russcoles »

Its also worth considering a Carradice saddle bag. They are extremely durable and are available in a range of sizes. It may be a more expensive option if you also need a QR mount as well.
rollinbone

Post by rollinbone »

another suggestion is the Klickfix range
you may not find all their product on UK sites but always try Amazon.de.

http://www.klickfix.com/index.php?lang=en
tad

Post by tad »

I was looking at the Topeak bags but my rack isn't a Topeak one.

Rather than buy a new rack I think I'm going to resign myself to buying a decent bag and just bungeeing it on to the rack.
Big T

Post by Big T »

I had a look at the Halfords bag this lunchtime and found it disappointingly small, probably even smaller than my Agu bag. It looked reasonable quality, but another minus point is that it's not exppandable.
My JOGLE blog:
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
twitter: @bikingtrev
rob_finch

Post by rob_finch »

I use the Ortlieb trunk bag. It's built to their usual high quality, has enough room for a day ride/commute and is certainly waterproof. It comes with an attachment which goes onto your rack, from which it easily attaches and detaches. Mine has not come loose after hitting big pot holes although I haven't ridden off road with it.

A bit expensive but definitely does the job.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

tad wrote:I was looking at the Topeak bags but my rack isn't a Topeak one.

Rather than buy a new rack I think I'm going to resign myself to buying a decent bag and just bungeeing it on to the rack.

The Topeak bags have the the Velcro strips in each corner so you can attach them to other racks too.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......