Glasgow to Inverness

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mankymitts

Glasgow to Inverness

Post by mankymitts »

Looking at doing the Sustrans route from Glasgow to Inverness in June. I am told that that the Dromochter Pass and the Slocht are miserable and soul destroying. Does anyone have any experience of this?

MM
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

It's a good route, the hills are OK just long but not steep. Here are a few pics to whet your appetite!

Image[/img]
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Did the pass of Drumochter in September 2005 and, despite the rubbish weather, it was ok. I was heading north with a hell of a wind behind me though so I was amazed how easy it was to get to the top and then realised how strong the wind was going down the other side. Averaged nearly 30 on the way down, which was great fun but very dangerous when the path snaked around a few ditches!

I would say that it's ok as long as you are not heading into a strong wind. There are definitely more attractive places, but at least it's not steep at any point. Make sure you pack everything you need though because there is buggerall for miles.