Around The World Bike Race 2012

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
niel the wheel

Around The World Bike Race 2012

Post by niel the wheel »

Hi all,

Next February my beloved Mercian and I have entered the Global Bike Race that starts from London and naturally enough ends in London, probably when I get back there.

Please feel free to follow me during the event and in the next few months leading up to the start. After all its getting on to winter there in the UK isn't it? What better way to get insired for your next cycle trip. And I might just go through a country you're interested in. http://niel-the-wheel.blogspot.com/
mj1

Re: Around The World Bike Race 2012

Post by mj1 »

A very nice website and I enjoyed reading it so far, good luck with your travels!

M
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I believe the race starts in Greenwich this Saturday. Does anyone know exactly when and where? I'd like to go watch the start.
Barrenfluffit

Post by Barrenfluffit »

This probably counts as spam; this is the cycle *touring* club website. There are other forums for road racing.
DaveFY7

Post by DaveFY7 »

I notice some riders are going East and some going West. Is there any particular advantage depending on the direction taken? :?:
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

Barrenfluffit wrote:This probably counts as spam; this is the cycle *touring* club website. There are other forums for road racing.

Nonsense. If cycling around the world doesn't count as touring then I don't know what does!
Besides, there is much more than touring to this forum in case you hadn't noticed.
matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Intersting point raised here.
I always think of touring a a somewhat leasurly paced activity
Whereas the subject if the OP includes the word.....race.
Any ways....
all good stuff to read here
Lets not fall out over race issues
:wink:
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

A lot of the End-to-End trips planned and described in the sub-forum sound anything but leisurely to me! :D