CORNWALL - Recommendations?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
phil parker

Re: CORNWALL - Recommendations?

Post by phil parker »

Philp's pasties come highly recommended around here and we have tried the local butcher's pasty in St Just.

Tomorrow is St Austell and then the Eden Project before heading along and upwards to Tavistock then Wiveliscombe and then for me back to the Hants/Wilts border and a good kick start of fitness for the rest of the season!
phil parker

Post by phil parker »

Thanks to everybody who has contributed, recommended or enjoyed reading the thread!! After 10 days on the road with 9 nights in my new tent, I have returned home with a heavy cold, but fond memories of Cornwall (and the SW) and maybe some unfinished business. Not as much as Mick F, of course, riding all the roads in Cornwall, but we had to miss a day and amend the rest of our trip due to some unexpected events, not least of which was spending a day with a BBC TV crew who caught us up on our itinerary to film my mate about cycling, road rage and relationships with other road users (with me assisting) for a documentary coming out soon. More about that later!

The weather could have been better and was not as good as forecast, but didn't cause any changes - just a few less photographs!

A break in the rain at Bude:

Frost in Cornwall, in Camborne, in March? Whatever next?!

A two-season sleeping bag was pushing it a bit, but just enough:

The weather improved by the time we got to St Ives:

...and the road to St Just was without doubt the best road on the trip:

St Michael's Mount:

Worth taking a day off for a visit to the Eden Project:

Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Great pics
'Kernow bys Vyken'
Mick F
Spambuster