2011 Ultra Galaxy clearance

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
531colin

Re: 2011 Ultra Galaxy clearance

Postby 531colin » 8 Mar 2012, 10:20pm

Spa moved shop on the weekend 11/12 Feb.
The lad who does the invoices (that go out with the parcels) updates the website in his spare time......except he was a bit busy organising phone lines, internet, computers, fax, card machine, fire/burglar alarm, gas, water....you get the picture...for the new site.
This time of year is pretty slack, we do maybe thirty-ish parcels on the average day. If no parcels go out for 3 days, you have a backlog of about a hundred parcels to get through, and a few days down the line about a hundred people will be ringing up to find out why their parcel hasn't turned up. So when you are moving premises, invoices and parcels are the top priority.

Not as exciting as all the cloak and dagger stuff about internet hits, is it?

johnb

Postby johnb » 8 Mar 2012, 11:02pm

You start thread " 2011 ultra galaxy clearance " Sun Feb 26 8.54 pm.

Snigbo posts link to ultra galaxy in Spa cycles Sun Feb 26 9.15 pm

You reply with an anti Spa rant Sun Feb 26 9.23 pm

you reply repeating your rant of 26 Feb
and now including your " buy a Spa Ti hard sell " Mar 8 8.07pm

Meanwhile you start a second thread on Sun March 4th.

"The frustration of a long distance bike buyer "

In your first post you state " I spoke to spa but its a days travel...... no mention of trouble you had prior to Feb 26 when you discovered prior to ordering that Spa had no stock of the bike you wanted, in the size you wanted.

See where this is going.

You again on this thread on Mon March 5 state " choice of Lbs or Spa " why mention Spa 7 or 8 days after you know and have posted here that Spa don't have your choice of bike in your size.

Fool me once ...................
The lead Greyhound never has to look at another Greyhounds derrière.

johnb

Postby johnb » 8 Mar 2012, 11:28pm

indy wrote:If you look at my OP there is no mention of Spa it was only after another person links to the Spa site also thinking they had the stock as advertised that I mention my dealing with them.

Your seeing malice where there is none!

With hindsight now I see you cleverly ran two parallel threads with nothing but malice in mind. And anyone who now with the use off hindsight reads and pays particular attention to the dates and times of your posts will see the underlying purpose of both threads was to draw attention to Spa not having something in stock that they had currently advertised.

There is a section of the site for reviews of bikes, kit and retailers, but you placing your grievance there would not afford you the viewers and participants that you could garner here. Do I see malice? You can bet your bottom dollar I do.

Might be a good idea for the Mods to delete both these threads and let the OP use the review section to air his very dirty laundry.

indy

Postby indy » 9 Mar 2012, 4:20pm

You Sir, are a very scary individual

johnb

Postby johnb » 9 Mar 2012, 4:55pm

Very observant you mean, and so as not to add anymore mileage to what you have already gained on your malicious threads I will leave you to it.

peter99

Postby peter99 » 10 Mar 2012, 5:52am

It's great news that Spa have finally moved premises, if nothing else but for the benefit of the staff, therefore hopefully having a better and easier working environment and the whole picture being more relaxed and this filtering to the customers.

To the OP, I cannot understand why you would not want to travel to Spa. It's one day to do it. You'd spend half a day going to a reasonably local LBS anyway by the time the bike is sorted.
The cost is irrelevant as the bike is discounted below the cost of your LBS's anyway so the net effect is it's cheaper even with the cost of the train ticket.

Why don't you take the train, book a B&B for the night, get your bike sorted, then go for a ride. Spa is on the doorstep of some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK. Pop back to Spa with any small issues to be tweaked if you have any the following day, nice lunch in Harrogate and the train home. All paid for and still cash in your pocket from the lower cost of the bike?

Internet isn't everything you know :wink:

CREPELLO

Postby CREPELLO » 10 Mar 2012, 9:24pm

Last edited by CREPELLO on 10 Mar 2012, 9:39pm, edited 2 times in total.

CREPELLO

Postby CREPELLO » 10 Mar 2012, 9:34pm

johnb wrote:Might be a good idea for the Mods to delete both these threads and let the OP use the review section to air his very dirty laundry.

I don't think the OP has crossed any lines. We can all get frustrated with a shop or any other business. No need for mod's to take such drastic action IMO :| .

Nettled Shin

Postby Nettled Shin » 10 Mar 2012, 10:13pm

CREPELLO wrote:.

That's an interesting point you made.

ian52

Postby ian52 » 11 Mar 2012, 5:20pm

Hi Indy are you still looking for a Ultra galaxy. I have one to sell it is my late brother in laws. It was his pride and joy and in excellent condition It was a self build and purchased in 2010. I have done a rough measurement of the frame and it is approx 58cm from top of the seat post to the center of the crank arm. If you are interested in a used model let me know and I can email you with further details and photos, if you're not sorry to trouble you.

Smudge

Postby Smudge » 12 Mar 2012, 8:20pm

johnb wrote:I feel that both threads are a very, very subtle attack by subterfuge on Spa Cycles. Anyone else notice or think this?.
http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=61036

If Spa are allowing people to enter their card details and take money for bikes that they dont have in stock they deserve to be attacked
"It never gets easier ~ You just go faster"

bogmyrtle

Postby bogmyrtle » 12 Mar 2012, 8:59pm

Smudge wrote:
johnb wrote:I feel that both threads are a very, very subtle attack by subterfuge on Spa Cycles. Anyone else notice or think this?.
http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=61036

If Spa are allowing people to enter their card details and take money for bikes that they dont have in stock they deserve to be attacked

Unless I've missed something, I don't think there was any suggestion that money was taken.
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.

Smudge

Postby Smudge » 13 Mar 2012, 9:35pm

bogmyrtle wrote:Unless I've missed something, I don't think there was any suggestion that money was taken.

Only because Indi decided to call them before entering his card details .. the bike was showing as in stock on their system so it would've taken payment for the bike

RickH

Postby RickH » 13 Mar 2012, 9:50pm

Not necessarily. I don't know their specific policy but most places don't actually take the payment (only authorise its being taken) until goods are being dispatched.

Rick.

Smudge

Postby Smudge » 13 Mar 2012, 10:28pm

RickH wrote:Not necessarily. I don't know their specific policy but most places don't actually take the payment (only authorise its being taken) until goods are being dispatched.

Rick.

If this is the case with Spa ? .. then i stand corrected and appologise if my post offended anyone

Simon