Hereford to Newquay

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Pete

Hereford to Newquay

Post by Pete »

Hi,

Anyone got any interesting / quiet routes from Hereford to Newquay. I'll be travelling on a recumbent trike so am wondering if some of the Sustrans routes have narrow gates / poles etc. which might be too narrow to get a trike through ? ? ? ?

Any help gratefully received.

thanks,

Pete.
meic

Post by meic »

I dont know about that route but the barriers are a too common problem. Make sure you tell Sustrans how it prevented you doing your journey on their route if it happens.
vernon

Re: Hereford to Newquay

Post by vernon »

Pete wrote:Hi,

Anyone got any interesting / quiet routes from Hereford to Newquay. I'll be travelling on a recumbent trike so am wondering if some of the Sustrans routes have narrow gates / poles etc. which might be too narrow to get a trike through ? ? ? ?

Any help gratefully received.

thanks,

Pete.

Through Monmouth and the Wye Valley to Chepsow over the Severn Bridge and into Bristol with do for a start. The bit after the Severn Bridge is a tad ropey on the way into Bristol. The Tarka Trail is nice but not very direct. Be aware that Devon and Cornwall are v.hilly and you'll need your hill climbing legs more than ever in those two counties.