Free mini toothpaste, perfect for a short tour - act quick

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Alex L

Free mini toothpaste, perfect for a short tour - act quick

Post by Alex L »

Got this email today. Free toothbrush or mini toothpaste.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/ ... /aquafresh

Mine is on it's way.
meic

Re: Free mini toothpaste, perfect for a short tour - act qui

Post by meic »

Me too

but it was a bit tedious registering, not quite sure why you need a secure password to be in a toothpaste club!
Yma o Hyd
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Got one for Colgate via MSE in the past. I had an email from Colgate asking my opinion of the freebie before I received it but forgot to respond when I did. :oops:
jimlondon

Post by jimlondon »

Perfect - I'm going on a short tour at the end of next week. I hope it arrives in time! Every gram counts, right? Thanks for sharing.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Redvee wrote:Got one for Colgate via MSE in the past. I had an email from Colgate asking my opinion of the freebie before I received it but forgot to respond when I did. :oops:

Me too allthough it took about 6 months to arrive by which time i had almost forgotten about it. At this rate it will be good for your Easter 2013 tour :lol: I see that the quoted delivery is now up to 60 days :(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
alicej

Post by alicej »

Presumably you have to register so they can send you SPAM advertising about toothpaste every half hour for the next five years. I'd rather pay 90p for 2 x 20ml tubes here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sensodyne-pro ... 416aa83adc
meic

Post by meic »

I did use a false name, as a form of spam source monitoring.

Though I will probably forget who I used that false name with by the time the spam arrives.

Everybody should have a sacrificial email address for things like this.
Yma o Hyd
chrisc

Post by chrisc »

meic said :
Everybody should have a sacrificial email address for things like this.

I recently set one up and now get spam in it and I have not actually started using it yet ! :shock:

... and I am still waiting for my mythical tube of Aquafresh too.
Tourer : 2010 Giant CRS City 4.0
Other : 1963 Denton retro (now back in the loft!)
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

alicej wrote:Presumably you have to register so they can send you SPAM advertising about toothpaste every half hour for the next five years. I'd rather pay 90p for 2 x 20ml tubes here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sensodyne-pro ... 416aa83adc

You have to tick/untick to allow it. Reputable companies tend not to spam without permission.
alicej

Post by alicej »

Alex L wrote:
alicej wrote:Presumably you have to register so they can send you SPAM advertising about toothpaste every half hour for the next five years. I'd rather pay 90p for 2 x 20ml tubes here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sensodyne-pro ... 416aa83adc

You have to tick/untick to allow it. Reputable companies tend not to spam without permission.

Even "reputable" ones sometimes mess this up, and/or make it difficult to find the tick box. I'm pretty sure this is the "catch" to this offer, so if you can give them false info and not get on their database then I guess the toothpaste really is free :D
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

alicej wrote:
Alex L wrote:

Even "reputable" ones sometimes mess this up, and/or make it difficult to find the tick box. I'm pretty sure this is the "catch" to this offer, so if you can give them false info and not get on their database then I guess the toothpaste really is free :D

There was two boxes clearly stated on this particular one. GSK are generally quite good on this kind of thing. You are right that sometimes they can mess up. Anyway, I'm clearly far poorer than you ;)
Yael

Post by Yael »

I go to the see my dentist once or twice a year (which isn't bad, considering she's in a different continent). I've had the same dentist for more than 10 years now, and she usually stocks me up with small toothpaste tubes, although last time I was there I only got two, because she was down to three tubes and was saving one for one of the other regulars, who was going to walk the Pyrenees later that summer. On the one occasion I had to visit the dentist in the UK, they gave me a small toothpaste tube, but I got the feeling it was less in appreciation of my leisure activities and more, well, a lame reward for making an effort and visiting the dentist.

But maybe I should have realised long ago that visiting the dentist is false economy, it's much cheaper on ebay... :)
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

Yael wrote:But maybe I should have realised long ago that visiting the dentist is false economy, it's much cheaper on ebay... :)

For what, spare teeth? :lol:
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

I fly fairly regularly on scheduled airlines and often get given toothpaste and brush. I now have a drawer full - perhaps I should stick them on ebay - I hadn't realised their worth and value!

Also, one of the (many) good things about touring in less developed countries is that everything is sold in small packages normally at pro rata prices (ie not a horrendous rip off compared to economy sizes). Small tubes of toothpaste (50 ml for 20p), washing powder (100 grams for 20p) and single sachets of shampoo (4p).