Any tripod tourists?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
fausto copy

Re: Any tripod tourists?

Postby fausto copy » 4 Nov 2013, 6:13pm

I think I'd just rather ask someone else to take my pic. :roll:

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 4 Nov 2013, 7:47pm

when I first saw this title I thought some one was asking if any one had seen any of these on their travels -

http://www.the-editing-room.com/img/war ... worlds.jpg

or maybe the readership of these forums wider than many think...

Mattie

Postby Mattie » 4 Nov 2013, 8:45pm

al_yrpal wrote:My new camera (Panasonic Lumix LF1) has WiFi. When you want a 'self' shot you can mount the camera on its tripod, start the wifi and link to your smartphone. You can then adjust the zoom to frame the shot and control the self timer, white balance, iso and shutter from the phone. This function will no doubt appear in many new cameras soon. If you want to avoid getting a picture of you staring at your phone you must use the self timer!

Al

The above pictue was taken using a Canon 600D with a swivel out screen so you can see yourself (remember to look at the lens and not the screen) so you can see when the coast is clear. Otherwise you have the tail end of cars, white vans, red cars and all sorts of other stuff in the picture. I am holding the small camera remote control in my right hand :)

(I do not trust others to take pictures for me ; I have a hopeless picture of me standing proudly at the ........ of Good Hope :lol: )

Mistik-ka

Postby Mistik-ka » 5 Nov 2013, 2:29am

If you've got deep pockets and you want the very best, check out the Gitzo GT0541. I bought one for back-packing and now use it for cycle touring, and have not regretted the purchase for a moment … but photography is very important to me, and I had the money.

PaulB

Postby PaulB » 5 Nov 2013, 11:42pm

I have a Hama Table-Top Tripod with Removable Telescopic Tube. It comes in two parts - about the size of a mini-pump - and stands about waist height (depending how tall you are!). It's very light and compact. I saw it in a camera shop in London for £30 but got it from Amazon for under £10!

61SOkYVjarL._SX342_.jpg
61SOkYVjarL._SX342_.jpg (11.63 KiB) Viewed 394 times