bike friendly hostel/hotel Dieppe

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Simpson3030

bike friendly hostel/hotel Dieppe

Post by Simpson3030 »

HI

First time here, so there is probably an answer to this question buried deep in the forum but would be great to get up to date information!

I'm doing my very first cycling trip from Brighton to the Main Stage festival in Arras, France in July. I'll land in Dieppe, then to Abbeville and onto Arras.

Is there a bike friendly hostel or hotel in Dieppe that people would reccommend?

I have ideas from airbnb but somewhere that I could meet like fellow cyclists would be great as I'm going solo.

Thanks
jake

Re: bike friendly hostel/hotel Dieppe

Post by jake »

The last hotel I stayed at in Dieppe was at the top of a steep climb called Ave Gambretta (I think). To be avoided.
If your ferry gets in mid afternoon then I would suggest the wonderful 2 hour-ish cycle along the Avenue Verte to Neufchatel en Bray. Lovely place and there are a number of guesthouses/small hotels to choose from.
philg

Post by philg »

Hi & welcome

We did the Dieppe Raid last year (good!) & stayed at the Ibis just off the N27 a couple of km out of town. It was comfortable enough with a room to put the bikes in.

In general IME you'd be hard pressed to find any hotel in France which didn't accommodate cycles; if they didn't have a room or garage they have never objected to me taking the bike into the room.
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

Another vote for the short ride on the Avenue Verte to Neufchatel-en-Bray. When I did L2P last year we had a lovely stay at Manoir D'Aulage, just before Neufchatel. The only downside is that you probably won't want to leave...
Simpson3030

Post by Simpson3030 »

Thanks everyone for the replies.. has given me ideas. keep 'em coming!
chocjohn9

Post by chocjohn9 »

There is a "Formula 1" hotel in Dieppe and every time I have stayed in them, they have let me put my bike in the room.
If you have never come across one before, I would describe them as "cheap and functional".
freewheeling

Post by freewheeling »

Hi

The Ibis at Dieppe has been recommended to me on a number of occasions. I checked recently with the hotel to confirm and they still allow you to keep bikes in the rooms. It's nothing fancy but reliable and as you'd expect of a chain hotel.

If you're not camping at the festival, you should book accommodation around Arras and Abbeville as soon as possible as it can be hard to find somewhere to stay. There was a recent discussion here about it:
http://www.freewheelingfrance.com/blog/cycling-accommodation-in-arras.html

Cheers,
Lyn.