where can I buy a bike box in Nice

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
MrsHJ

Re: where can I buy a bike box in Nice

Post by MrsHJ »

Easy jet ok for me in September with polybag but I understand your concern
ndmbike

Post by ndmbike »

truckturner wrote:Re train travel from Nice. Travelled to Calais from Nice last year with 4 fully loaded touring bikes. Go to the station buy some tickets you may have to place your bike in a plastic bag I found advance booking saved me little and I prefer the flexibility of on the day. I have never had a problem with my bike on a train in France . I have no experience with Eurostar though. Train travel is expensive from north to south about £250 per person. My collegue however took his bike to the airport where they gave him a box. He arrived in Nice 48 hours before the flight to explore Nice and find a box.

Cheers Peter

Was this with the safe box people Peter?
Has anyone used safe box at Nice airport recently?
When I emailed, they said they had boxes available but the email reply mentioned Vancouver and was later corrected to Nice airport when I queried it. Doesn't inspire confidence.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

in 2017 there was a luggage shop/assistance place (just past the Helicopters to Monaco!). They sold boxes at a fair price (considering), tape guns and allen keys etc free to use.
n.b. this was the Easyjet terminal, which was different to the one BA used (and not as nice … )

There is another thread about flying bikes from Nice somewhere on here, as I've already told the whole (long) story a few times :roll: