Question about bike shipping by plane

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
serbring

Question about bike shipping by plane

Post by serbring »

Hi all,

I'm gonna cycle all the Pamir Highway. I'm landing at Dushanbe and I'm flying with Pegasus airlines and Pegasus Asia. I have few questions:

1- In the website it is not possible to add a bike in the list of special equipment so I cannot to pay for the service in advance. Is it possible to go the airport and pay there for the bike?
2- I want to try to carry the bike as checked baggage, but I did not found any information about the baggage size limit. Where may I find it?
3- Two stopovers I have to do, is there any way to know in advance if a checkin is necessary for each stopovers?

I have already contacted the plane company, but I haven't got any answer, so far.

Thanks
dondelion

Re: Question about bike shipping by plane

Post by dondelion »

I flew with Pegasus and had the same problem with the website so I rang their call centre and they added a bike to my booking. I then paid at the airport. I don't think there was a limit for the bike size but I checked my panniers in separately to be on the safe side.They do have an English option so ask them about this and stopovers when you call them.

HTH
serbring

Re: Question about bike shipping by plane

Post by serbring »

dondelion wrote:I flew with Pegasus and had the same problem with the website so I rang their call centre and they added a bike to my booking. I then paid at the airport. I don't think there was a limit for the bike size but I checked my panniers in separately to be on the safe side.They do have an English option so ask them about this and stopovers when you call them.

HTH

Thanks for your reply. And what about the checked baggage size limits?