Scottish weather has me freaked out!

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Jimstar79

Re: Scottish weather has me freaked out!

Post by Jimstar79 »

Hi Robin,

I take it that you'll be off pretty soon then? I think it is going to be considerably colder than when I was there during August so take some extra layers!

I have been so tired and busy since I got back that I have barely had a chance to look at the photos that I took - I am a bit gutted that I broke my camera whilst at Big Sands and had to rely on my camera phone that takes really poor photos. I broke the screen on the phone the morning that I left Fort William, so no pics for the rest of the return leg. I think I might write a short journal of my trip and post it onto Crazy Guy On A Bike and will let you know when I do.

pacalbalan wrote:Jim's absolutely right about keeping warm and dry in the wet. I'd add a good pair of sealskinz (waterproof) gloves to that as well, nothing better than warm dry hands, you can cycle forever like that, good waterproofs and warm hards! http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... ves-33648/

Absolutely spot on - Sealskinz gloves are excellent and one of those pieces of kit that you never regret buying! Buffs are also a great bit of kit.

Good luck, Robin, and let us know how things turn out - post a link to a different thread on here.

Happy cycling,
Jamie
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."
H. G. Wells quotes
pete75

Re: Scottish weather has me freaked out!

Post by pete75 »

As someone said " I love the Scottish summer, it's the best day of the year"
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker