Details wanted for Goole Vermuyden CC

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
NJW

Details wanted for Goole Vermuyden CC

Post by NJW »

Hi, am struggling to find contact details for the Goole Vermuyden CC; is it still in existence?

I would be most grateful for any current contact details and any tips on what type of rides they do.

Many thanks, Nick
Big T

Re: Details wanted for Goole Vermuyden CC

Post by Big T »

There's no listing for them on the British Cycling website, so I guess they no longer exist.

Nearest clubs to there are in Selby, Doncaster or Scunthorpe.
My JOGLE blog:
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
twitter: @bikingtrev
alanf1968

Post by alanf1968 »

I moved to near to Thorne last year and looked at what clubs were available to join as I am between Goole and Doncaster, there appears to be a disappointing lack of club cycling in Goole, however it is a very flat town and the use of cycles for transport in the town is relatively good, there are a couple of cycle shops in the town, if you are lucky, the owners of one of these maybe able to help you.
Brooks B17, Carradice saddlebag and a steel frame..... the signs of a true touring cyclist
alanf1968

Post by alanf1968 »

just found this entry on another thread, hope this helps you:

Postby cdugher » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:38 am
Hi

I'm in selby area, also work shifts and find it difficult to motivate myself to get out midweek or sat / sun mornings.

The club i'm a memebr of is Goole vermuyden the go out sundays from the redbeck cafe at howden and also some thursdays from cliffe area. they are mainly an older group who ride pretty steadily.

I'm a club level triathlete who needs to get my bike fitness up as i'm aiming at a half ironman later this year.

Cheers

Chris
Brooks B17, Carradice saddlebag and a steel frame..... the signs of a true touring cyclist
Hybridrider

Post by Hybridrider »

Thread revival.

I live this way out and I’m just getting into cycling.

Anyone know of one in this area ?
Hybridrider

Post by Hybridrider »

Hey I’m just getting into cycling and wondering who else is in Goole /selby area ?

Anyone know of clubs etc

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
gaz

Post by gaz »

Cycling UK/Cycling UK affiliated groups: Link. You can adjust the radius on the search.

Groups add their own info to the website. Some add nothing, some add a bit more.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

11 years too late to answer the OP but Google Vermuyden do still exist. If you Google the name it comes up with a link to their Facebook page.

# **Winter Rides - all welcome**

Winter rides start 08:00 at Ferryboat Roundabout - unless otherwise advised - distance is usually 50 to 80 miles depending on weather and riders inclinations. Usually a cafe stop but not always depending upon the weather. If there's no one there then staying in bed was probably the best option!
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com