{ Content removed by original poster : Graham }

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
Andrew Mills

{ Content removed by original poster : Graham }

Post by Andrew Mills »

? :(
Last edited by Andrew Mills on 4 Mar 2008, 6:48pm, edited 3 times in total.
glueman

Post by glueman »

Haven't local groups often been exclusive? By going too fast or too slow or not talking to new riders or telling them their bikes are rubbish? :shock:

(With no aspirsions cast on the splendid DA sections who do none of those things.)
byegad

Post by byegad »

glueman wrote:Haven't local groups often been exclusive? By going too fast or too slow or not talking to new riders or telling them their bikes are rubbish? :shock:

(With no aspirsions cast on the splendid DA sections who do none of those things.)

There may be some truth to this. I once rode with a guy who sneered at people who thought 10 miles each way was a good run out, or had flat bars on their bike. We rode together not under CTC auspices and not local to me but he was a CTC regular and I could only imagine the 'welcome' a new rider would have got from him and the three guys he rides with as a CTC run.
Andrew Mills

Post by Andrew Mills »

? :(
Last edited by Andrew Mills on 4 Mar 2008, 6:48pm, edited 4 times in total.
glueman

Post by glueman »

See my question on 'CTC staff on this forum' thread in Campaigning.
Peter Rowell

Post by Peter Rowell »

The President of our DA rides a Mercian with drop bars etc. (£1000+), I ride a Mixte (Abbey Camaro £50 secondhand, rebuilt at a cost of £150) with downhill bars (recommended by my physio therapist owing to a hip replacement). I feel that riding this type of bike (which is very near a hybrid) will encourage new members to realise that you do not have to have an expensive bike or drop bars to ride with the club.
Leader - Tuesday Senior Cyclists' Group, Cambridge Cyclists' Touring Club
Organiser - Mid Anglia Computer Users.