Insurance on

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
iceman101

Insurance on

Post by iceman101 »

Hi there

I am doing a UK Cycling challenge in June this year - LEJOG. Going to take me around 2 weeks and I wondered if my Cycling UK/CTC third Party insurance covers me and/or if I need to take out more cover.

You view would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
gaz

Re: Insurance on

Post by gaz »

Public Liability Cover (Third Party Insurance): http://www.cyclinguk.org/insurance/thir ... -insurance (see linked summary at foot of page).

Legal Cover: http://www.slatergordon.co.uk/unions-fe ... ities/ctc/ (only included in full Cycling UK Membership, not affiliate memership).

If you aren't reassured from reading the summaries that the cover provided meets your needs you should speak directly to the insurers, not to Cycling UK.

Please note that gaz is not FCA regulated and cannot assess individual needs for insurance. You will not receive advice or recommendations from gaz about them. Read the information on the relevant website carefully to decide which policy suits your requirements. If you are still unsure, direct your enquiries to your chosen insurance providers. Other providers and policies may be available. Posted on a forum that contains track nuts and cannot be guaranteed track nut free. Handwash only.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
landsurfer

Re: Insurance on

Post by landsurfer »

Just keep away from Assetsure Cycle Insurance ...
I registered my bike as a Decathlon Triban 500.
When it was stolen I claimed and they asked for a photograph ... which i happily supplied ...
"Sorry that bike is a Decathlon Triban 500 se ...... so we will not pay out as it's not covered !!!!!!!

Don't touch them with a barge pole ... they use a claims management company to find ways not to pay ......
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.