Posting an Audax event on the MAIN CUK website ( & here )

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
1485triclub

Posting an Audax event on the MAIN CUK website ( & here )

Post by 1485triclub »

Our group, 1485 Tri Club, have a 100k Audax event in 2019.

3 Questions.
1) Can I post details here in the Forum somewhere?

2) And can i Put details on our/my cyclinguk page?

3) If so, how do i add details to our cyclinguk page?

Any help would be welcome

Steven Robinson
Market Bosworth
Leicestershire
Graham

Re: Posting an Audax event on the MAIN CUK website ( & here )

Post by Graham »

1)
We have some fair rigid rules about advertising events on the FORUM itself. . . . . in the People Events & Rides section
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=92288
I think your event qualifies as you are a representative of a Cycling UK group ( which you imply ).

Honestly, I would not bother trying to use the FORUM for such. It really does not lend itself to advertising an event . . ..
* Forum users hardly ever bother to read them.
* The topics tend to slip down the list rather quickly and disappear out of easy view.
* The number of active users of this forum who are likely to be in your geographical area is LOW. i.e. a small number of regular users are responsible for a very large proportion of the posts.
i.e. Locally targeted advertising would seem to be much more appropriate and I would assume that an AUK would get the message out via their normal channels.

2 & 3 )
Hopefully someone will come along with the required knowledge.
You should be able to solicit support from Cycling UK themselves :
https://www.cyclinguk.org/contact/website-support
PH

Post by PH »

1485triclub wrote:Our group, 1485 Tri Club, have a 100k Audax event in 2019.

3 Questions.
1) Can I post details here in the Forum somewhere?

2) And can i Put details on our/my cyclinguk page?

3) If so, how do i add details to our cyclinguk page?

Any help would be welcome

Steven Robinson
Market Bosworth
Leicestershire

1) I'd agree with Graham, the events I've promoted on here have gained little advantage from it, but as it only takes a moment I'll continue doing so.
2) Yes, at the moment your club has no information on their page, this is a waste if you're trying to promote it, the CTC group I belong to get a few enquiries and some participants who've found us through it. From that page you can also add events to the main events listings, which I have found worthwhile.
3) Someone needs to be registered as an administrator who can then log on, edit the page and add events. It's that long ago I did it I can't remember how to, but an email ought to get that sorted.

When's the Audax? I may be interested.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

What the others have said - but contact groups@cyclinguk.org . The groups co-ordinator will be able to tell you if someone in your club already has administrator access to your page on the Cycling UK website, and if not, give you that access.
philg

Post by philg »

Best place is on the Audax UK's site! - I notice it isn't on there so I suppose it isn't an 'authorized' Audax?

That might raise a few eyebrows somewhere (not mine) - I have no idea if there are many such events,
I think most organisers prefer to call them Sportives and get faster entrants :wink:

This forum is a bit quiet on Audaxes generally - you will probably do better over on yacf (can I say that?)

Good Luck with it anyway
The weekend comes, my cycle hums