WINSFORD , NORTHWICH,MIDDLEWICH, CHESHIRE, NEW GROUP any interest.

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
Malky 1422

WINSFORD , NORTHWICH,MIDDLEWICH, CHESHIRE, NEW GROUP any interest.

Post by Malky 1422 »

Just sounding out at the moment. Would anyone in the area be interested in forming a group. This would be for Leisure / Touring rides, for any age but especially for older retired folks so rides could be arranged throughout the week as well as weekends. Sunday rides would be all day aiming for an 11s stop, on to lunch, then return for around 5 pm. afternoon tea stop could also be accommodated if required. Also anyone interested in Audax, which is something I need to get back to, Existing groups seem to be more training sportive orientated or racing which is not for me. I would assume there will be more like me in the area that finish up cycling alone. Please take note I am not in any way against other forms of riding, I once was into time trialing myself. Any comments welcome.
Progrock56

Re: WINSFORD , NORTHWICH,MIDDLEWICH, CHESHIRE, NEW GROUP any interest.

Post by Progrock56 »

I live in Nantwich and would be very interested in cycling particularly mid week. Used to ride 3x a week with Cambridge ctc before moving up here recently. Also used to ride 200km audaxes so again would like to restart them. Look forward to hearing from you. I am 62yrs of age and retired.
Malky 1422

Post by Malky 1422 »

Just incase anyone looking at this thinks I maybe being rude not replying, I have responded in private, which I may do with others depending.But I will reply.
Malky 1422

Post by Malky 1422 »

1185 views now and only one reply...Thats unbelievable. :( :( :(
SueBooth

Post by SueBooth »

I know two riders who have joined us from Winsford, one is a friend of mine who recently moved up from down south (and a long long standing ctc member rider and organiser), another chap joined us last week for a ride.

Maybe forum readers are not local to Cheshire?
Malky 1422

Post by Malky 1422 »

Hi Sue, Yes I know about you. I will be moving around between SWANS, Watsons Wanderers and Chester Easies , with ocasional Sth Manchesters my old group before I moved to IOW. I am now back up here though, and just getting going again after a back problem that left me unable to walk for several months. I am surprised to see Chester CTC only ride every other Sunday. After the disablement with my back and being retired, I am ready to get stuck in to some good riding. I thought maybe I could get a few like minded together here, but I will have to do as explained above. Thank You for your reply. Some good Audax rides coming up as well.
SueBooth

Post by SueBooth »

We ride twice a month due to leader shortage. Summer evenings are every week from April to Aug
Two Mills do meet every week, at Eureka cafe.

Not heard of SWANS?
Anyway, you are welcome to come along. We have a google group, Chester CTC if you can hunt that out.
Malky 1422

Post by Malky 1422 »

I probably will come along Sue, The SWANS are the St.Helens and Warrington CTC group.
sthelensandwarringtonctc.co.uk
Its just a matter if trying out and seeing which is most convenient for me etc. All of them are a drive away but have to live with that. As I want to get out through the week as well I will probably be a Multi clubber.
pga

Post by pga »

Does not the Weaver Valley Cycling Club fill the bill? I was a active member in the 1960's and 1970's. In those days we raced and toured, had club runs with off road sections and held weekly club nights. We acted as the local section for the CTC. These were great days and main road riding was still enjoyable and quickly got us into North Wales, the Peak District and the Cheshire lanes.
Malky 1422

Post by Malky 1422 »

Only just seen the reply from Pga Yes I had thought of the Weavers . At 67 now though and racing clubs are faster ride leaning which is fair enough , really I need the old style CTC Touring and Sunday run type riding, which seems to be less catered for now. Look at the map on the site and most of those shown especially round my neck of the woods are either Campaign groups, family beginers, racey types that dont race but do circuit training and put rides up on FB . Nothing wrong with any of this but Cycling UK isnt what it was anymore . :(