Is there a charge for club sponsors?

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
roberts

Is there a charge for club sponsors?

Post by roberts »

Are there any additional club membership costs if we are sponsored by a local business and ride with the sponsors logo on our shirts and if so how are the costs structured?
Also are there any benefits to our individual riders if we as a club have Cycling UK membership?
mattheus

Re: Is there a charge for club sponsors?

Post by mattheus »

If you are racing, the governing bodies generally have some kind of scheme. But you would probably know that!

I suspect you're only talking about leisure riding - in which case I'm not AWARE of anyone charging you for wearing sponsors' names.
PH

Post by PH »

roberts wrote:Also are there any benefits to our individual riders if we as a club have Cycling UK membership?

I assume you’re talking about affiliated membership? The advantage for the club is the organisers have support in the unlikely event they’d need it. The advantage for the members is they can then get individual affiliated membership, which is different is several ways to full membership but also a good bit cheaper. I’m sure all the details will be on the Cycling UK website.
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

PH wrote:
roberts wrote:Also are there any benefits to our individual riders if we as a club have Cycling UK membership?

I assume you’re talking about affiliated membership? The advantage for the club is the organisers have support in the unlikely event they’d need it. The advantage for the members is they can then get individual affiliated membership, which is different is several ways to full membership but also a good bit cheaper. I’m sure all the details will be on the Cycling UK website.

https://shop.cyclinguk.org/membership/a ... hip-myself
Member of an affiliated group that have a current Cycling UK group membership. Affiliate member benefits excludes legal assistance, magazine and voting rights.
Richard M
Cardiff