Rendezvous rides. Jolly good idea!

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
BrianInnes

Rendezvous rides. Jolly good idea!

Postby BrianInnes » 2 Jul 2008, 3:49pm

Just back from my first ride with my local CTC group (Fife + Kinross DA). They organise "Rendezvous Rides", which are day rides with predetermined meeting point for lunch / coffee stop. A thoroughly good idea as you can take your own pace / route to the meeting point, have a bit to eat, then share the journey home if anyone is going the same way!

Thoroughly enjoyable days cycling - 42 miles for me at a nice easy pace with a nice lunch stop in the middle.

:D

dodger

Postby dodger » 2 Jul 2008, 5:52pm

Like the sound of that. No worrying about keeping up with the demon speedsters!

MLJ

Postby MLJ » 17 Jul 2008, 3:41pm

The East Kent Potterers Cycling Club is just like that, and very successful as a result! Only the lunch pub meet is listed: members can either make their own way there or else team up with a few others and stop where they will for morning coffee; after the meet they ride off together until their ways part.

Tony Barb

Re: Rendezvous rides. Jolly good idea!

Postby Tony Barb » 4 Dec 2009, 10:16pm

I also had my first "Rendezvous Ride", with the Fife and Kinross CTC group, I found the group to be a good mix and very friendly. the route back was very interesting as the group headed down roads and tracks (almost car free) that I never new existed, the best part was the pace, this was fairly easy going and you could have a conversation on the move, I was a bit apprehensive before I went but i should't have worried, an enjoyable day out, Looking forward to the next ride I can attend,

Cyclepath

Postby Cyclepath » 5 Dec 2009, 8:04pm

See information about CTC Tayside's Boxing Day Mulled Wine and Mince Pie rendezvous ride on 'People, Events and RIdes' on this forum. CTC Fife and Kinross members are welcome too!

georgew

Postby georgew » 6 Dec 2009, 1:55pm

It's really rewarding having feedback on the Fife&Kinross DA's rendezvouz rides and more-so when this is positive. Makes our efforts all worth while and I hope this will encourage more members to join us.