CTC in Hertfordshire

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
sir_lozz

CTC in Hertfordshire

Post by sir_lozz »

Morning all,

I am currently living up North (so to speak) and having much fun with the North Birmingham CTC. I am currently in the process of moving back down South with work to the Broxbourne/Hoddesdon area and have seen that there are 3 potential CTC groups i could ride with.

Is there anyone about from any of these local groups who can provide a bit more information than the respective websites?

many thanks in advance
fullmasher

Post by fullmasher »

Sir Lozz,

try www.ctcherts.org.uk

The Stort Valley Section is probably your closest group.

Hope to see you in the near future,

Fullmasher
rmw

Post by rmw »

I ride with St Albans Hatfield section (occasionally, family commitments and all that..). You'll see the rides programme on the website, good bunch of folk. Pace is brisk - say about 12mph (I'm guessing, no computer on my bike).

The Veteran-Cycle Club has an active North London Section that goes out from Hoddesdon and surrounding bits of Herts. Not as often as weekly, but again, good company. I've not been on any of the rides (family constraints) so can't give a review of what to expect when awheel.
Rushing through the air at 12 miles an hour will lift the gloomiest thoughts from the mind...and what torpidity of soul is not surmounted by the continuous, delicate interaction of nerve and muscle....C. THEODORE EWART, M.D.
StirlingCrispin

Re: CTC in Hertfordshire

Post by StirlingCrispin »

I probably shouldn't post this, but you could also try Herts Wheelers.
http://www.herts-wheelers.org.uk/

They do a lot of touring-rides in your area and organise Invitation Rides etc.

CB
(I'm a former Herts Wheelers member)