Groups contact at NO?

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
Karen Sutton
Posts: 608
Joined: 9 Jan 2007, 11:18pm
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby Karen Sutton » 24 Oct 2009, 8:17pm

I discovered today, whilst at the CTC Council meeting, that a lot of CTC staff were at a conference most of last week; which may be why the Adrian has not been responding. It seems a bit odd that the member of staff I spoke to did not know that. I'll try again on Monday. There is stuff I urgently need before our Group AGM on 5th November.

JT
Posts: 90
Joined: 18 Feb 2007, 10:18pm
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby JT » 25 Oct 2009, 6:30pm

Karen Sutton wrote:I discovered today, whilst at the CTC Council meeting, that a lot of CTC staff were at a conference most of last week; which may be why the Adrian has not been responding. It seems a bit odd that the member of staff I spoke to did not know that. I'll try again on Monday. There is stuff I urgently need before our Group AGM on 5th November.


As stated up-thread, in this day and age, being away from the office on business is not a valid excuse for being incommunicado. After all they did manage to put a msg on Twitter that most of them were in Sheffield for their annual conference. That was 11 days ago.

Regulator wrote:Hi JT
I am the Member Groups Champion for Council. If you'd like to forward me your e-mail, with a covering note explaining what has happened so far, I will follow it up - I promise.


I know who you are, Greg, and I know that you will follow it up, however, the very fact that a Member Groups Champion exists, speaks volumes about the CTC's attitude to its Member Groups. It also doesn't reflect too well on the guy who gets paid to do that job.

Karen Sutton
Posts: 608
Joined: 9 Jan 2007, 11:18pm
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby Karen Sutton » 25 Oct 2009, 10:23pm

JT wrote:
Karen Sutton wrote:I discovered today, whilst at the CTC Council meeting, that a lot of CTC staff were at a conference most of last week; which may be why the Adrian has not been responding. It seems a bit odd that the member of staff I spoke to did not know that. I'll try again on Monday. There is stuff I urgently need before our Group AGM on 5th November.


As stated up-thread, in this day and age, being away from the office on business is not a valid excuse for being incommunicado. After all they did manage to put a msg on Twitter that most of them were in Sheffield for their annual conference. That was 11 days ago. [/quote]

I didn't think I'd have to follow their tweets to know why they weren't responding. Can't say I will do that next time either.

Jimmy The Hand
Posts: 116
Joined: 10 Mar 2008, 11:26am

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby Jimmy The Hand » 26 Oct 2009, 10:00am

Karen Sutton wrote:
JT wrote:
Karen Sutton wrote:I discovered today, whilst at the CTC Council meeting, that a lot of CTC staff were at a conference most of last week; which may be why the Adrian has not been responding. It seems a bit odd that the member of staff I spoke to did not know that. I'll try again on Monday. There is stuff I urgently need before our Group AGM on 5th November.


JT wrote:As stated up-thread, in this day and age, being away from the office on business is not a valid excuse for being incommunicado. After all they did manage to put a msg on Twitter that most of them were in Sheffield for their annual conference. That was 11 days ago.


Karen Sutton wrote:I didn't think I'd have to follow their tweets to know why they weren't responding. Can't say I will do that next time either.


It was also on newsnet:

A closed shop
Next week, from Tuesday 13 to Thursday 15 October, CTC National Office in Guildford will be shut to allow staff members to attend their annual conference in Sheffield. Over the course of the three days, staff will be given the chance to attend skills-building workshops; network with staff from other regions; and visit CTC-funded projects in the city, including the Cycle Champions project, mountain bike skills training and a successful community scheme for recycling bikes. Membership services will remain open as normal and can be contacted on 0844 736 8451 or by emailing membership@ctc.org.uk.

Karen Sutton
Posts: 608
Joined: 9 Jan 2007, 11:18pm
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby Karen Sutton » 26 Oct 2009, 1:16pm

Thank you for that Jim. I know who you are now. I'm reassured that you are not in fact an acquaintance of mine (as I previously thought you might be). I don't mind strangers choosing to be anonymous but object when it is someone I know or have previously met.

The mystery as to why no contact last week has been solved as well. I see that the staff were actually in Sheffield two weeks ago, not last week. It was last Monday, 19th October when I called, trying to speak to Adrian. I spoke to him this morning, and he confirmed that he was not in the office last Monday, 19th October, when I left a message asking for him to call me. He didn't get the message, which is why I didn't hear from him.

JT
Posts: 90
Joined: 18 Feb 2007, 10:18pm
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby JT » 27 Oct 2009, 9:29am

As a follow up to my original post, I gathered from some of the responses here that Adrian Lawson is the Local Groups guy at NO.

So I emailed my original query directly to Adrian yesterday, also mentioning that the auto-reply on the "groups" email address is a little out-of-date. I'll keep you informed when and if I get a response.

JT
Posts: 90
Joined: 18 Feb 2007, 10:18pm
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby JT » 3 Nov 2009, 8:36pm

**UPDATE**

It's been over a week now since I emailed Adrian and have not yet received a reply. I wish I could get away with that in my job.

Karen Sutton
Posts: 608
Joined: 9 Jan 2007, 11:18pm
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby Karen Sutton » 3 Nov 2009, 10:07pm

I've spoken to and exchanged emails with Adrian several times today. He has been snowed under with IT problems recently. Try forwarding a copy of your original email to him in case he's missed it first time.
Alternatively call the main CTC number on 01483 238 300 and ask to speak to Adrian Lawson.

JT
Posts: 90
Joined: 18 Feb 2007, 10:18pm
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

Re: Groups contact at NO?

Postby JT » 4 Nov 2009, 11:49am

Thanks for the info Karen.

I've now emailed and spoken to Adrian and he couldn't have been more helpful.