Cycle Magazine subscription?

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
fenderbender

Cycle Magazine subscription?

Postby fenderbender » 2 Dec 2009, 5:01pm

I'd like to ask if it's possible to sign up for a subscription of Cycle Magazine?
Reason for me asking is that I don't live in the UK so my guess is that I have little use of the benefits of being a CTC member.
:?
A furore normannorum libera nos domine!

Tako

Re: Cycle Magazine subscription?

Postby Tako » 2 Dec 2009, 5:05pm

I'm interested in this too as l will be moving abroad soon.

Si

Postby Si » 3 Dec 2009, 8:31am

It has a price on the cover so I'd guess that it might be available to non-members.

Best to contact the magazine staff direct: http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3587 to see if they do send it out to non-members.

fenderbender

Postby fenderbender » 3 Dec 2009, 9:38am

Thanks Si!I'll give it a try.

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 3 Dec 2009, 10:11am

fenderbender wrote:................ I don't live in the UK so my guess is that I have little use of the benefits of being a CTC member.
:?

I was a person that always wanted to be in the CTC, but never actually got round to it. I'm a member now, and not really an active one either, but a member nonetheless.

What made me take the plunge and join? The 3rd Party Insurance! There are other benefits of being a member, of course, but I've not used them - or the insurance (yet)! The insurance is a very good safety net, and well worth the membership fee. You get the magazine free too!

Basically, what I'm saying, join the CTC, get the safety net of the insurance, and the mag thrown in as a freeby.
Mick F. Cornwall

fenderbender

Postby fenderbender » 3 Dec 2009, 10:27am

Thanks Mick! It's not that I don't appreciate the work CTC do. But I'm already a member of the two Swedish organisations and three local cycling clubs witch all offer this type of insurance so I think I'm covered. I'm also a member of eight other organisations and feel that I need to limit the amount of info that is sent to me and not spread my involvement to thin. But I would like to subscribe and pay for a magazine I like instead of reading the material for free a year later.

fenderbender

Postby fenderbender » 3 Dec 2009, 6:55pm

Tako wrote:I'm interested in this too as l will be moving abroad soon.

I got a quick reply saying:

"If you decided to purchase the magazines separately you would need to contact our national office to order the magazines, they are £3 each, not including P&P. Our national office number is 0844 736 8451 opening hours between 10am-4pm."

:cry: