DA's in Somerset

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
eddie

DA's in Somerset

Postby eddie » 3 Apr 2007, 12:39am

Hi I,m hoping somone can help me with some info, I.m looking to move to Taunton in somerset, can anyone tell me is there a DA in the area or any good cycling club's. Thanks in advance :D

vangelis

Postby vangelis » 9 Apr 2007, 5:25pm

I know there is one in Bristol because I ride with them. But it is too far from taunton. I thought there was a list of DAs on the CTC web site.

Van

eddie

Postby eddie » 10 Apr 2007, 5:29pm

Hi an thanks for trying, but yes bristol is a bit far, as to a list if there is I've not seen it, maybe just looking in the wrong place :roll:

diapason

Postby diapason » 29 May 2007, 5:06pm

Cycle Somerset organise some rides, and, if you're into faster and further, I think Wellington Wheelers are quite active. As I always work at weekends, I've never made any of their rides, but am often passed by Wellie Wheelers on the road.

N
Advena ego sum in Terra

eddie

Postby eddie » 29 May 2007, 6:10pm

Thanks for that , I think my high speed days are over now, you never know we might even run across each other down here. I just thought as I've seen so many bikes around in Taunton pity there is not a DA. We had a good one in Southampton were I came from, not that it did me a lot of good, to often working. Nice to know so many of us love cycling though.
Keep the wheels turning & good luck. eddie

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » 31 Oct 2007, 10:15pm

There is an excellent bike club in Bridgwater, not far from Taunton. During my happy years living down there I found the club friendly and very welcoming. See http://www.bridgwater-cycling-club.co.uk/

D :D

eddie

soerset DA's

Postby eddie » 3 Nov 2007, 10:28pm

Thank you all for your advice and help, move down here went fine :D I have found a small group here in Taunton called the Potterers, I love it we meet on wensday for coffee an a natter. Ride on thursdays, only about 20-25 miles mostly back Rd's and lanes/tow paths stoping for tea, an again for lunch. Were all older riders but we love cycling. :wink: Anyone coming this way to live give me a yell on here, if I can help I will. Best wishes to all in the CTC