Ex-Member (Fife DA)

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
Kiltie12

Ex-Member (Fife DA)

Postby Kiltie12 » 22 Jul 2011, 5:41pm

Hi there,
I will probably be joining up again once I get back on the run, which has been a long haul with 10 years of the bike through 6 nights a week 12 hour nightshifts as a taxidriver in Fort William. Then found out I had severe COPD and found it a struggle to stop smoking.Now I am back on my own area it would be nice to meet some faces again, although sadldy some have passed, namely Mick Murray and Robert Mason, two of my old riding buddies in the DA.........and there was Dave Braid, who , I don't think cycles anymore. One thing that was going through my mind recently was Myrehaugh hut.where we had many a good weekend stayover or some winter nights. I passed it the other day and it seems unused now for some reason. I am sure the club could lease it again if that was the problem. It is a pity places like these go to waste by not being used.

Bill Wilson

georgew

Re: Ex-Member (Fife DA)

Postby georgew » 23 Jul 2011, 8:54pm

Kiltie12 wrote:Hi there,
I will probably be joining up again once I get back on the run, which has been a long haul with 10 years of the bike through 6 nights a week 12 hour nightshifts as a taxidriver in Fort William. Then found out I had severe COPD and found it a struggle to stop smoking.Now I am back on my own area it would be nice to meet some faces again, although sadldy some have passed, namely Mick Murray and Robert Mason, two of my old riding buddies in the DA.........and there was Dave Braid, who , I don't think cycles anymore. One thing that was going through my mind recently was Myrehaugh hut.where we had many a good weekend stayover or some winter nights. I passed it the other day and it seems unused now for some reason. I am sure the club could lease it again if that was the problem. It is a pity places like these go to waste by not being used.

Bill Wilson

The Fife DA is alive and well and would welcome you to any of its meets. Dave Braid, as you have said, no longer cycles but Robert Mason is well-remembered and a good friend of mine, Joe Lynch, was a close friend of Mick Murray.
As to Myrehaugh, this was disposed of as it was very much underused while the cost of its upkeep was rising.
We meet every Saturday for a rendezvous ride and have a Veterans' run on every second Wednesday. You would be very welcome to come along to any of these and can find the details here:
http://ctcfifeandkinross.org.uk/

Kiltie12

Re: Ex-Member (Fife DA)

Postby Kiltie12 » 24 Jul 2011, 12:05am

Hi George and thanks

I will do once I get my bike sorted out as the beast I have is too heavy, even going to the Meadows I shove it on the carrier to cycle round the flat bits :roll: . Will get in touch as soon as I can..as for now all my cash is going towards a new frame to replace this beast.........Shhhhh!! :oops: I was struck for cash at the time as I lost my Dawes :cry: and bought one out of the catalogue.......the rest of the stuff is ok but the frame is like riding an old Hercules :lol:

I notice the team colours have changed a bit......my old one was green and red with a blue stripe :wink: