Drifting out of membership

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
Si

Re: Drifting out of membership

Post by Si »

fatmac wrote:Thankfully, the club managed to know that I am a member, but lost everything else about me it would seem, when they 'upgraded' the web site & forum (?).

Website and forum are quite separate at the moment and changes to one won't have any effect on the other. Apart from minor maintenance the forum hasn't seen any upgrades for a while.

fatmac wrote:I didn't even know that we no longer have D.A.s! Presumably something to do with now being a 'charity'. Who knows what else has changed since we were a 'club'.

The DAs have been gone for some time - nothing to do with being a charity. Both Sections and DAs became member groups. I'm sure that some one can give the official reasons but as far as mine is concerned it was due to lack of interest by the members - plenty of support for the groups within the DA but they just stopped coming together for joint events and so it was pretty pointless having a DA - just added one more layer to the red tape.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Si wrote:The DAs have been gone for some time - nothing to do with being a charity.

DA's and Sections became Formal Member Groups and Informal Member Groups about 10-12 years ago.

In practice it was a little more complicated than that but it certainly wasn't anything to do with becoming a Charity.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
canardly

Post by canardly »

Have just renewed membership, but given financial strictures did ask myself why. Answer for me, at least, was trust I suppose, regarding insurance and back up in the event of something not nice occurring.
robgul

Post by robgul »

canardly wrote:Have just renewed membership, but given financial strictures did ask myself why. Answer for me, at least, was trust I suppose, regarding insurance and back up in the event of something not nice occurring.

Ditto renewal and the searching question - the ONLY reason was to continue to ride with a great bunch of friends in the CTC HoE ... that's it.

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker