locating a local DA webpage

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
cjenn

locating a local DA webpage

Post by cjenn »

how does one ? met a guy from the Stirling DA on train returning from Glasgow. he suggested i placed an ad in their ads section on their webpage, being fairly certain i'd get a good response to my quest for a small steel tourer. but all i can find from this site is a contact address (same goes for other DA's). tried a google & found a page, but was swamped by microsoft updates & had to close down. why can't i access their site via this one ?
Si

Post by Si »

http://www.ctc.org.uk/ -> "Who can I cycle with?" -> "Cycling Groups and clubs" -> "CTC local cycling groups" -> "To go to list of groups click here" -> "Local groups" -> tick "Scotland" -> "submit" -> tick "Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire" ..... and there doesn't seem to be one for Stirling.

Which raises two questions: if Stirling have one why isn't it on the HO website? and more importantly, as DAs are meant to be the back bone of the CTC, why does one have to go through so many steps on the HO website to find one's local DA?

However, one page that I found claims that the Falkirk DA (which also doesn't have a link from the HO site) covers Stirling: http://dmckellar.freeservers.com/
cjenn

Post by cjenn »

yes, but i had done all that as explained, and only found an address for the 'chairman/ secretary'. no actual hands-on site. and realised in the search that Stirling shared with Falkirk etc.. but an adress is not helpful for someone searching for small ads/ rides/ local info.
cjenn

Post by cjenn »

and it was the freeservers site which swamped me with microsoft error updates (has just done so again !) & the events slot covers 2001. but that guy was genuine (he rides much with the club & was not long recovered from an accident caused by a young woman on a scooter with child standing on the platform, who ran into the back of a group just returning from a long Tuscany trip ... she literally didn't see them ... he had a broken collar bone & fractured a vertebrae !). thanks for trying Si, but you found the same as me. it's a mysteery. there are other sites, but none were the one he meant. should have got more details from him.
andrew_s

Re: locating a local DA webpage

Post by andrew_s »

cjenn wrote:how does one ? met a guy from the Stirling DA on train returning from Glasgow. he suggested i placed an ad in their ads section on their webpage, being fairly certain i'd get a good response to my quest for a small steel tourer. but all i can find from this site is a contact address (same goes for other DA's). tried a google & found a page, but was swamped by microsoft updates & had to close down. why can't i access their site via this one ?

Perhaps he meant this site?
(courtesy of google)