New Member rides (Belfast)

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
tank

New Member rides (Belfast)

Post by tank »

I have recently joined the CTC. :D

Before I joined I thought I had read that there were rides on a Sunday morning in the Belfast area.

Whilst I am not a 100mile a day man nor an average speed of 30mph man I was hoping to be able to get out on a Sunday morning for at least the first part of the ride and be left behind if I am too slow or the distance is too far.

Can anyone let me know if there are rides in the Belfast area and where I can find information about them (as I have been unable to refind t :( ).

I ride a recumbent bike (due to a slipped disc that means riding a DF bike is very painful after about 10 mins). Would this stop me from being able to join in on the rides?

Thanks
Lonely recumbent rider

HP Velotechnik Street Machine GTe
Metabikes Metaphysics
Hase Pino
HPV Velotechnik Scorpion
Si

Re: New Member rides (Belfast)

Post by Si »

Have you had a look at: http://www.ctc-ni.com/ ?
the PDFs seem to list dates, start points, etc.
MickTheCyclist

Post by MickTheCyclist »

tank
Also a local member and although I don't do the sunday runs I don't think they are too long or too fast.
Give David, the runs secretary, a call. His number is on the runs list http://www.ctc-ni.com/CTCRuns_May-Aug2013.pdf
tank

Post by tank »

Thanks for the replies.

This was the information that I had seen before joining and was looking for again. From the website addresses I am not sure how I missed it :? .
Lonely recumbent rider

HP Velotechnik Street Machine GTe
Metabikes Metaphysics
Hase Pino
HPV Velotechnik Scorpion