Matlock CTC - Members wanted

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
Harnell

Matlock CTC - Members wanted

Post by Harnell »

Wanted Poster (1).jpg

I am trying to start an informal CTC group based in Matlock, Derbyshire. Meeting for evening and Weekend rides of between 50 - 100Km I would be happy to hear from any CTC member in the area.
WOOLIFERKINS

Re: Matlock CTC - Members wanted

Post by WOOLIFERKINS »

Have you spoken to the artist formerly known as the DA? The membership Sec. will have a list of members by address. If you filter by post code you should be able contact the geographically appropriate people to poll interest
Neil
Harnell

Post by Harnell »

Thanks I will try that.
Bazza55

Post by Bazza55 »

Good Luck with the Informal Matlock Group. Could Derby Membership Group help you? There is a local group in Alfreton which I believe is also very successful.
Harnell

Post by Harnell »

Dear Bazza,

Thanks for responding. I was in touch with the Alfreton CTC group and the Derby CTC group earlier this year and was hoping to link in with one or other of them this summer. However my personal circumstances have changed so my plan of starting a "Matlock" chapter has had to go on hold for the time being. Should my circumstances change I may re visit the idea and make contact with one or both groups.

Do you ride with Derby CTC? If so would you or any of your members be interested in meeting during the week in Matlock for an evening ride? It seems a bit far to come to me but if someone was living on the N side of Derby or as far North as Duffield or Belper it might be possible. Thanks for showing an interest hope to speak soon.

Regards,
Edwin
Bazza55

Post by Bazza55 »

Hi Edwin,
Sorry I am late replying to your question. No I do not ride with Derby CTC but I do ride with Sheffield CTC so am quite aware of the area you live in as we visit Cromford, Whatstandwell and other cafes near you.
Several years ago Sheffield District CTC sent out a complimentary magazine to every membership address in the area, is this something that could be done in the Matlock/Bakewell/Amber Valley area? With a flyer instead of a magazine? You could apply to HQ for funding and see what they say?