Bikehut/Halfords track pump

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
esuhl

Bikehut/Halfords track pump

Postby esuhl » 11 Nov 2017, 9:37pm

I bought this pump about a year ago for £17 on special offer. It's £25 now.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-ma ... with-gauge

I'm really impressed with it. It clips on easily to both Presta and Schraeder valves (without need to change anything), has a clear gauge, and for the money I can't really fault it.

A couple of friends have expensive branded track pumps. One has a really narrow chamber (so it takes more pumping) and a really fiddly screw-on attachment that lets half the air out when detach the pump, and the other one has a fiddly adaptor to switch between Presta/Schraeder.

Dunno if this helps anyone... :-)

rmurphy195

Re: Bikehut/Halfords track pump

Postby rmurphy195 » 21 Nov 2017, 8:30pm

esuhl wrote:I bought this pump about a year ago for £17 on special offer. It's £25 now.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-ma ... with-gauge

I'm really impressed with it. It clips on easily to both Presta and Schraeder valves (without need to change anything), has a clear gauge, and for the money I can't really fault it.

A couple of friends have expensive branded track pumps. One has a really narrow chamber (so it takes more pumping) and a really fiddly screw-on attachment that lets half the air out when detach the pump, and the other one has a fiddly adaptor to switch between Presta/Schraeder.

Dunno if this helps anyone... :-)

I've had a similar one for 2 or 3 years, slightly different barrel (higher volume) and the pressuren gauge is at the bottom but looks like the same schrader/presta nozzle. been very happy with it, used on both bikes (one presta, one schrader) and the car and caravan. Very handy
Scott Purgatory MTB, Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and grey hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !