Planet X reviews

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
joeegg

Planet X reviews

Post by joeegg »

I tried to put a review on Planet X about some bib 3/4 and gave them only 1 star because of manufacturing problems.
My review wasn't published so I put it on Trustpilot.
Planet X replied saying they were having ongoing problems with their systems. My review of the same item but giving it 4 stars was published though !
Tiberius

Re: Planet X reviews

Post by Tiberius »

How very Booking.com.

I tried to leave a review of a place that we had stayed (we didn't actually stay as it was so bad) There was no swearing or calling names etc just a review of some very poor accommodation. No way would they accept or publish my review. No matter what I wrote I kept getting 'Doesn't comply with our guidlines'

That was three years ago and I havent used them since.
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

Planet X reviews are a joke so they are not worth reading and I guess most are written by their staff.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

I’ve come to the conclusion trustpilot reviews are bought or some dodgy companies report low reviews to get them out of circulation.

I had a bad set of tyres that disintegrated in 10 months and after a bit of trying to get out of the manufacturer warranty which stated 24 months with offer of pictures, video of the tyres- they did come good.

Bikester far worse as sent items in a fantastic box and no packaging to protect- smashed through unopened packet and tried to partially refund me when all I wanted was it sent back and a replacement.
Bonzo Banana

Post by Bonzo Banana »

Planet X are a lowish margin box shifter. I've had some great deals from them and its sent quickly but any issues and they can be painful to deal with. I've had tyres and tubes pulled from bikes I think based on their condition but they were sold to me as new but clearly pulled from a bike that perhaps they wanted to fit different parts to for retail. I think most retailers would have stated something that indicates damaged packaging or lack of packaging etc not just sell them as new with customers expecting a pristine product. I have to say when I bought some tyres and the inner tubes were still in them I was actually quite pleased though, an unexpected bonus.

I definitely think Planet X are great value and worth a few issues. Many of their jobsworth items are generic items from China so you can easily find the same products under different brands like 'oxford' and see reviews of those products.

Saying that I have never bought a bike from them and such a complicated item I could see presenting many issues.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Had two frames from them in the past and numerous parts but have made my last purchase with them since they said the delivery address details I've been using for the last 18 months was incorrect and they produced a screenshot of the delivery address they said was wrong, nothing to do with their courier misreading the label.
rogerzilla

Post by rogerzilla »

My experience also. I don't believe they publish negative reviews.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

Worst company i have ever dealt with in over 50 years, they once sent me the wrong tyres 3 times in 10 days and i have never used them since as i had to go through paypal to get my money refunded. You will never ever get to speak to someone over the phone.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Have to say I've found them ok - except for the Vittoria tyres (which tbf was a manufacturing issue) which wasn't dealt with very well. The very worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with was VODAFONE - unbelievably bad service and over 4 hrs using online chat to resolve......... never, ever again at any price! :shock:
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Nothing unusual. Many companies don't publish negative views.
Rod Goodfellow

Post by Rod Goodfellow »

I have bought most of my many and varied cycling needs from Planet X over the last 10 years. I have never had any problems with delivery and only one faulty item which was promptly resolved by email via customer services to my satisfaction. I suspect only disgruntled buyers post comments and most happy customers quietly carry on cycling.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

have never had any problems, though you need to be careful with their somewhat odd postage charges.
Have had some excellent cheap
tyres
drybags
assorted bags
bibtights and shorts.

etc etc

and it's encouraging that they seem to have strayed into camping stuff.

Have never bought a bike but then they don't do my sort of bikes.
Sweep
joeegg

Post by joeegg »

Rod,that's the problem. Disgruntled buyers can't post negative reviews. The bib tights I bought were abysmal and needed the body of Quasimodo to get a good fit. Problem is I think they know it but still want to punt them out.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

joeegg wrote: 6 Jul 2021, 6:41pm Rod,that's the problem. Disgruntled buyers can't post negative reviews. The bib tights I bought were abysmal and needed the body of Quasimodo to get a good fit.
ere, you saying I'm quasimodo?
the ones i bought were without pads - i admit that they haven't had heavy use so far.
their 3/4 bibshorts with pad I find excellent - better than polaris stuff I have bought.
Sweep
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Just bought two wheelbags, a set of 26 inch SKS mudguards, various hard cases, cheapo waterproof bum bag and a quality stainless steel camping mug for just over £40 including postage. Ordered monday, delivered wednesday by courier - no complaints.
I also give them credit for undercutting/debunking the often barmy prices charged for helmets.
I use them more than wiggle/chain reaction these days.
Sweep