B & M Bargains!

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Wilhelmus

Re: B & M Bargains!

Post by Wilhelmus »

Last edited by Wilhelmus on 25 Nov 2021, 2:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Wilhelmus wrote: 8 Nov 2021, 3:12pm Odd. I see that, but I can just scroll down and the story continues. Turned off my adblocker, which sometimes causes strange things to happen, but no difference.
I have a VPN, some websites don't like them. Maybe that's what it is.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Wilhelmus wrote: 8 Nov 2021, 3:12pm Odd. I see that, but I can just scroll down and the story continues. Turned off my adblocker, which sometimes causes strange things to happen, but no difference.
Indeed, it's the first line thereafter.
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

gbnz wrote: 6 Nov 2021, 6:28am
So delighted on calling into a B & M Bargains Discount Store! Robust, steel cage (Black), steel bolt water bottle carriers @ £1.00!
Remembering this post tonight whilst waiting for the wife to finish her shopping, I popped into a local B&M and saw RAC branded (?) black alloy bike bottle cages for £2.50. Cheap and cheerful but not total carp so I picked up a couple and took them to the till. "These are only £1 each", the till lady says, bargain!!
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Yeah but just remember nothing in or on the body when you go there.
I am here. Where are you?
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

The fixing bolts are actually stainless - even more of a bargain :D :D

I'll make sure I don't eat them!!
Bonzo Banana

Post by Bonzo Banana »

SimonCelsa wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 7:52pm
gbnz wrote: 6 Nov 2021, 6:28am
So delighted on calling into a B & M Bargains Discount Store! Robust, steel cage (Black), steel bolt water bottle carriers @ £1.00!
Remembering this post tonight whilst waiting for the wife to finish her shopping, I popped into a local B&M and saw RAC branded (?) black alloy bike bottle cages for £2.50. Cheap and cheerful but not total carp so I picked up a couple and took them to the till. "These are only £1 each", the till lady says, bargain!!
Reminds me of when I bought a load of saddles at B&M in Burnham on Sea. They were something like 19p each. I bought just about all of them except 1 I left for someone else. I think I got 8. They were fairly good quality racing bike type saddles probably worth about £9.99 normally. So I think when B&M want to clear out cycling stuff at the end of summer they do a first stage discounting perhaps 30% and then they get desperate to clear them and mark them down very low so they can use the shelf space for Christmas stock etc. If I'm passing a B&M I will always go in just to see if they have an super generous end of line reductions.