Merlin Cycles

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
RickH

Merlin Cycles

Post by RickH »

Reminded by the "Poor Service" topic elsewhere in this forum I thought I would give a thumbs up to Merlin Cycles.

They are close enough to me that, up until now, I've always used their over the counter service.

Recently I found they had stock of something I wanted that wasn't widely available (mounts for the original Gamin Virb camera). Not only did I get the bonus that the price had gone down between me finding the item on their site & ordering but, having ordered at lunchtime one day, the postman delivered the package barely 24 hours later.

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
NewHorizon

Re: Merlin Cycles

Post by NewHorizon »

I'll second that - I've bought from them a lot and they're my online retailer of choice, keen prices, super fast service, never any issues. Their own brand clothing, of which I have bibs, l/s jersey and sundry warmers is great value for money.
Des49

Post by Des49 »

I also approve of Merlin. Use them for more racier stuff rather than for components for my own old bikes.

When I brought a Stages Power Meter and had issues with it they were really prompt in dealing with this, including 2 replacement cranks. Then actually got the latest model (apparently issues solved), from them.

Currently got a really rough Look pedal I want to return, they didn't want it back initially to see if it "ran in", so hopefully will experience the same service this time around.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I've used Merlin Cycles a few times as their prices are pretty keen and they offer free postage,but this week their service was extremely quick and efficient.
I ordered a Deore M951 rear mech on Thursday @ 10.33am and it was in my hands @ 10.25am on Friday,free Royal Mail postage and cheapest on the web.
Magic service Merlin! :D :D :D
And quick delivery RM :D :D :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
David9694

Post by David9694 »

Very disappointed with Merlin over a refusal to replace / refund an Icetoolz chain cleaner - “hey, customer don’t go putting any chain cleaner in your chain cleaner - it weakens the (already weak) plastic!”.
You spend £scores with them and would do in the future and this is how they act: makes no sense.
Spa Audax Ti Ultegra; Genesis Equilibrium 853; Raleigh Record Ace 1983; “Raleigh Competition”, “Raleigh Gran Sport 1982”; “Allegro Special”, Bob Jackson tourer, Ridley alu step-through with Swytch front wheel; gravel bike from an MB Dronfield 531 frame.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Personally I've always found Merlin Cycles cheap and very quick to deliver thumbs up from me! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Pendodave

Post by Pendodave »

David9694 wrote:Very disappointed with Merlin over a refusal to replace / refund an Icetoolz chain cleaner - “hey, customer don’t go putting any chain cleaner in your chain cleaner - it weakens the (already weak) plastic!”.
You spend £scores with them and would do in the future and this is how they act: makes no sense.

Always sad to see reports of poor service, but I have to say that my experience with them (including one this week) has always been excellent.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I've had a few things from them, paid extra once for next day delivery and it came the day after, they refunded my postage costs straight away. Then I ordered a Lusso jacket, I wore it once and when I took it off I noticed there was a small hole where the cuff hadn't been sewn onto the sleeve properly! I sent it back and they refunded my postage costs and sent me a new jacket on next day delivery.
philg

Post by philg »

Always had good service from them, along with Tredz they are my first choice for online orders.

Their MTB frames were great value years ago and I was very happy that they still stocked replacement gear hangars for my 10 year old Rock Lobster.
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
David9694

Post by David9694 »

Pendodave wrote:
David9694 wrote:Very disappointed with Merlin over a refusal to replace / refund an Icetoolz chain cleaner - “hey, customer don’t go putting any chain cleaner in your chain cleaner - it weakens the (already weak) plastic!”.

Always sad to see reports of poor service, but I have to say that my experience with them (including one this week) has always been excellent.

Likewise, to be honest - but did you have to deal with them over faulty goods?
Spa Audax Ti Ultegra; Genesis Equilibrium 853; Raleigh Record Ace 1983; “Raleigh Competition”, “Raleigh Gran Sport 1982”; “Allegro Special”, Bob Jackson tourer, Ridley alu step-through with Swytch front wheel; gravel bike from an MB Dronfield 531 frame.
audaxjk

Post by audaxjk »

I’ve only had good experiences with Merlin. Standard Delivery is usually really quick.

Last year I bought a Shimano road hydraulic shifter/brakeset from them. One shifter developed an intrinsic oil leak, sent it back. I was a bit miffed as had to take bar tape off and disconnect the hose and gear cable and their communication was a bit vague.
However Merlin refunded me my whole order without me asking (nor telling me!) and sent me out a replacement shifter.
Davy

Post by Davy »

Merlin cycles tends to be my go to online store Prices always seem reasonable.I always use standard delivery and never waited more than three days
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
delilah

Post by delilah »

Depressing . Merlin bikes and parts were always good value. Staff always helpful and well informed Wait to see if the new owners can keep up the same level of service?
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Merlin to my mind offer a very slick service and their prices are normally the cheapest for Shimano and Sram