Kryptonite - FREE worldwide replacement keys

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Jezrant

Kryptonite - FREE worldwide replacement keys

Post by Jezrant »

I recently lost a set of spare keys for two old Kryptonite locks, both of which are over ten years old. Contacted Kryptonite about getting replacement keys and discovered they offer to replace keys for free anywhere in the world. One of the locks is a pricey New York lock but the other one is an inexpensive KryptoLok model. Filled in an online form on their website (you need the key number, which is either on the original keys or a separate little metal plate like the ones some car manufacturers use for ignition keys), and sure enough, a couple of weeks later two sets of keys (4 in total) arrived in the post for free (sent at their cost of $13.50 from the USA). :D
mercalia

Re: Kryptonite - FREE worldwide replacement keys

Post by mercalia »

yes they are nice people. you all know of the barrel/biro key fiasco some years ago? I only found out about it 2-3 years ago and they kindly replaced the New York lock - I think it was about 6 or so years after the re call was put out and had long since timed out!
Last edited by mercalia on 11 Apr 2016, 1:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezrant

Post by Jezrant »

yep, they also replaced my New York lock a few years ago as well. :D
bainbridge

Post by bainbridge »

They didn't replace my Kryptonite Evolution D lock when I found out about the biro thing earlier this year :(

They said the lock replacement scheme had ended and they'd rekey the lock for $20 - with me paying postage - so I bought a replacement.

What hurt was the fact I registered this lock with them after purchase, using the same email address as I use now and nobody got in touch to say my lock could be defeated with a pen :(

Needless to say the replacement wasn't a kryptonite.