Sigma Sport-Germany

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Tonyf33

Sigma Sport-Germany

Post by Tonyf33 »

Broke my light clamp after the bike rolled away from leaning on the bin shed..doh
Contacted Sigma via their website and got a very prompt response in English from a very helpful lady.
Offered to post me a.new clamp for €5,75 inclusive (meaning clamp only 2euros!)
Only snag being sending funds as a bank transfer which would cost a ridiculous amount through the bank and they couldn't/wouldn't accept paypal.
Managed to find someone via London fixed gear with a German bank account whom sent the funds (& I paid them.via PP) and Sigma were happy for another person to do so other than the recipient.
Recieved clamp with documentation 5 days after payment.
Really excellent service and communication and their lights are pretty good too :D
TrevA

Re: Sigma Sport-Germany

Post by TrevA »

Wouldn't they take a credit card payment?
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

TrevA wrote:Wouldn't they take a credit card payment?

No, they don't retail directly to individuals normally though I did ask if they'd take a card payment. Saved a lot of money and got the correct part as lots of online sellers were advertising the wrong part as fitting my light (PAVA) albeit very similar in design.
drossall

Post by drossall »

I got stuck like that. They had a stock of the ancient slide-in computer mounts, and I wanted some. Couldn't find a way to do the transfer, so never followed through.
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

drossall wrote:I got stuck like thaI'd They had a stock of the ancient slide-in computer mounts, and I wanted some. Couldn't find a way to do the transfer, so never followed through.

I was given these as an option but as I'd already being offered help didnt use them.
http://www.transferwise.com, for the same amount (€5,75) it works out to £6.47 instead of the £4.50 it cost me to send the helpful person 6 euros via paypal personal payment.