Rose (Germany)

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
zenitb

Re: Rose (Germany)

Post by zenitb »

Agreed .. all my spokes come from Rose.. I have yet to find any UK site anywhere close in price. The only issue is the postage cost but I "batch up" orders to get round this.
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

I bought a bike from them last year and the service was excellent. Communication was very good and when I wanted to talk to someone about the bike I was able to call on a freephone number from the UK to someone who spoke perfect English. The bike arrived one week ahead of the quoted delivery date. The build quality was exemplary. Having run a bike shop for ten years I have never seen such a well assembled bike from a manufacturer.
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

I've also bought all my spokes from Rose in the past.

However recently somebody on here mentioned this crowd: https://www.cyclebasket.com/m9b0s454p0/ ... _-_Silver_

Seems like some good deals there on spokes as well, plus they come with nipples attached. I have never personally ordered anything from that site so cannot vouch for their service. Prices look good though.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I ordered a pair of tyres from them on Saturday afternoon,they wre in my hands today(Wednesday)a 10.45am and cheaper including postage(£7.60)than anywhere in the UK.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

What a shame a dealer in Germany offers the 'best' service to Britain
One hopes that shall change after Black Friday 29.3.2019

Problem is, sending stuff great distances is too cheap :(
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:What a shame a dealer in Germany offers the 'best' service to Britain

Blaim UK retailers.
I always check UK dealers prces first but as happens with some,though not all purchases, Rose comes out on top,ie;a CaneCreek suspension seatpost for my MTB was £30 cheaper inc postage from Rose than anywhere in the UK.I constantly ask myself why?
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

reohn2 wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:What a shame a dealer in Germany offers the 'best' service to Britain

Blaim UK retailers.
I always check UK dealers prces first but as happens with some,though not all purchases, Rose comes out on top,ie;a CaneCreek suspension seatpost for my MTB was £30 cheaper inc postage from Rose than anywhere in the UK.I constantly ask myself why?

B****t? :( Maybe rose buys many more to supply the € zone and gets an unbeatable price
Cheap courier services distort it too, like cheap passenger flights
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

Blaim UK retailers.

B****t? :( Maybe rose buys many more to supply the € zone and gets an unbeatable price
Cheap courier services distort it too, like cheap passenger flights

Maybe not,maybe they're more efficient.
W H Auden
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Why do you want it to change? Without lower priced European competition UK retailers would just bung up their prices.

I doubt the companies who ship the stuff from Germany do it at a loss so how can you claim it's too cheap and/or a problem. Most of the cycling stuff has already travelled several thousand miles to reach Germany so a few extra miles to England pales into insignificance.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

pete75 wrote:

Why do you want it to change? Without lower priced European competition UK retailers would just bung up their prices.

I doubt the companies who ship the stuff from Germany do it at a loss so how can you claim it's too cheap and/or a problem. Most of the cycling stuff has already travelled several thousand miles to reach Germany so a few extra miles to England pales into insignificance.

Often the stuff is flown, uses lots of resources
The transport could be organised so bulk stuff goes direct by sea container to the UK
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
pete75 wrote:

Often the stuff is flown, uses lots of resources
The transport could be organised so bulk stuff goes direct by sea container to the UK

You mean this environmentally friendly form of transport? https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/car ... pollution/
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I am not a great one for equipment, plenty of stuff could be made locally like it was a century ago
toontra

Post by toontra »

Anyone know what Rose mean when they describe an order as being a "backorder"?

Ordered some wheels a couple of weeks ago and still no mention of a possible delivery date.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

toontra wrote:Anyone know what Rose mean when they describe an order as being a "backorder"?

Ordered some wheels a couple of weeks ago and still no mention of a possible delivery date.

Maybe no date can be quoted yet, I would ask them for more info
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I am not a great one for equipment, plenty of stuff could be made locally like it was a century ago

Back when Britain was the "workshop of the World" and sent stuff all over the place?