Rose (Germany)

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
RickH

Re: Rose (Germany)

Post by RickH »

toontra wrote:Anyone know what Rose mean when they describe an order as being a "backorder"?

Ordered some wheels a couple of weeks ago and still no mention of a possible delivery date.

Backorder usually means they are waiting for it to arrive from their supplier. Sometimes they will have an expected date, sometimes not.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
toontra

Post by toontra »

Ah - OK. Not really a problem. They are only a backup pair anyway - thought I should get some spare 26" rim brake wheels while they still exist!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I am not a great one for equipment, plenty of stuff could be made locally like it was a century ago

But it isn't.
But when it's cheaper to buy stuff made in the far east(though my latest purchace was made in Germany)and posted from Germany that reaches me in three working days(just as quick if not quicker than UK suppliers)and is £10 cheaper than UK suppliers on a £45 order,why wouldn't I buy from Germany?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
robgul

Post by robgul »

Another Rose fan here (and I manage an LBS and can buy whatever I want "trade") - bought an item recently (an exception to my trade option as we don't deal with the UK supplier) : RRP at UK suppliers was £190 or £170 - the higher being a "west country supplier" ...... £108 from Rose with free delivery as it was >£100..... ordered Sunday evening, delivered Thursday morning.

Difficult to argue with that.

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
toontra

Post by toontra »

RickH wrote:
toontra wrote:Anyone know what Rose mean when they describe an order as being a "backorder"?

Ordered some wheels a couple of weeks ago and still no mention of a possible delivery date.

Backorder usually means they are waiting for it to arrive from their supplier. Sometimes they will have an expected date, sometimes not.

Well, it was worth the wait (just a couple of weeks in the end). Fantastic quality hand-built 26" touring wheels for £110 delivered. Will be checking Rose before buying any new components!
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Until recently there often used to be a two day delay or so pre despatch I think while they did manual currency calculations if you were using one of their vouchers. The web site wouldn't accept the vouchers from Brits and you had to put it in a note and trust them to knock this off the bill - ie not charge you what the online confirmation said.

Very odd.

They now seem to have sorted this. Got some stuff the other day within three working days using a voucher they had sent me for my birthday (DO sign up for their newsletter and tell them your birthday) and also free postage as I stocked up on stuff. Have just got another voucher for use by mid to late January and I will get free postage on that as well - no trouble to bump the total up with consumables.

Way way better than the largely useless (for me) Chain Reaction these days, which is now interested in more racy status fashion conscious folk.

Edit - no free postage on my january order. Either they have dropped their free postage on stuff over about £80/85 or it is an intermittent offer.

But no great worries, the money off voucher covered the postage and a bit more. Still good prices, still lots of sensible stuff the likes of chain reaction consider themselves above. Excellent courier service, oretty fast, text and email you day before delivery, time slot sent on day and a facility to text/mail you when you are the next stop/15 mins away.
Last edited by Sweep on 29 Jan 2019, 8:22am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweep
peetee

Post by peetee »

Been using this company for a number of years and very happy with their service. Would be nice to have all my receipts in English - but that's the only gripe!
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.