Tudor Sports

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Paulson

Tudor Sports

Post by Paulson »

I haven't found a dedicated post about this form so I thought I'd start one myself.

Those of you who shop for cycling togs at the rallies, or who prefer 'traditional' cycling kit, will probably know them, but of not, then they can be found on the web here:

http://www.tudorsports.co.uk/

They sell three items at the present time, the york jacket, long tights, and plus fours. I have bought the former two so far and I have to say - superb, comfy kit, British made, free of any tacky adverts and shininess; warm for the colder weather, and washes great. Looks better as it ages, and in terms of customer service, superb. Quick, fuss-free internet ordering via paypal, and prices are exceedingly reasonable too.

Top marks to a British supplier!

Blog: http://www.flammerouge.co.uk

Re: Tudor Sports

Post by junoface »

I have the long tights and love them. They're very reasonably priced too.

I'm hoping they'll be able to expand their range though as they'll be too warm in the summer.
Euskadi

Post by Euskadi »

I have the long tights, plus fours, a black york jacket and a blue one. I even have a red one with 'Hounslow and District Wheelers' on that I believe Martin Roach gave to my father as a gift many moons ago when they both worked at the Inland Revenue Sorting Center at Kew! Needless to say I absolutely love them!!
lotus 30

touring track suit

Post by lotus 30 »

I have an old warm track suit from way back and they are still made in the uk and it has stood the test of time recommended for touring andy

google tudor rose
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

My 30 year old+ Tudor Plusses are still used for several thousands of happy (and sartorially peerless :wink: ) miles every year.

They are simple - cotton and nylon mix with an uncomplicated design. Even when soaking wet after a 200km winter Audax, they just sag a little but still 'rock' and are 'awesome' :D
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I have a recent pair of Tudor Sports longs. They still retain the classic fleece cotton/nylon material, but I'm a bit disappointed that they've started to come unstitched at the waistband.

I use them for the commute as they are a bit less shockng than full-on Lycra roubaix tights, when you have to walk through an office full of non-cyclists to get to your desk and the changing rooms at work.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

They seem to have more than 3 products on their weebsite.

Far too much cotton in main items to be of much use for cycling for me.
Nice styling though.