Bikes Etc June 2017 ... A Critique ..

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
landsurfer

Bikes Etc June 2017 ... A Critique ..

Post by landsurfer »

An occasional look at what is bought by Cyclists.

This magazine has come in for some strong criticism from my non cycling Grandson ...
"It's just a catalogue .... don't buy it GDad ....."

SO .....

Pages of adverts .. 36
Advertorial .. 64 ... The magazine promotes products under the guise of an article or test, scored out of 10 no product is ever scored below 7.
Magazine promo .. 5 .. Fair enough
Copy .. 27.5 .. The copy, in the main, is recycled articles, cut and pasted from other Dennis publications.

Score ... 5/10 see me later ..... :roll:
£4.99 ... Too shiney to be used as toilet paper.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
rmurphy195

Re: Bikes Etc June 2017 ... A Critique ..

Post by rmurphy195 »

landsurfer wrote:An occasional look at what is bought by Cyclists.

This magazine has come in for some strong criticism from my non cycling Grandson ...
"It's just a catalogue .... don't buy it GDad ....."

SO .....

Pages of adverts .. 36
Advertorial .. 64 ... The magazine promotes products under the guise of an article or test, scored out of 10 no product is ever scored below 7.
Magazine promo .. 5 .. Fair enough
Copy .. 27.5 .. The copy, in the main, is recycled articles, cut and pasted from other Dennis publications.

Score ... 5/10 see me later ..... :roll:
£4.99 ... Too shiney to be used as toilet paper.

Sounds a bit like the Caravan magazines - rarely any proper product criticism, no customer/consumer protection articles to speak of, no comments on "fit for purpose" of stuff.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !