Wiggle's Verenti Substance II

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
bikebakker

Re: Wiggle's Verenti Substance II

Post by bikebakker »

One point of concern is the FSA dust cover of the headset. It has a little (1-2 mm) gap with the head tube. See picture below.
I removed the dust cover and saw that is was resting on the compression ring without any micro spacer(s). So there is no chance other than changing the dust cover with another one. Right?

Why would they leave that gap in there? Is this by design? I didn't check the compression ring but they might have used a wrong angled ring. I need to check that again some other time.

De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

Looks to me like they haven't set up the headset correctly.
dainiusd

Post by dainiusd »

What is the definition of heavy for a steel bike? I managed to get mine under 10kg with 1x setup, light wheels and tyres, and some carbon bits. Now it doesn't feel slow compared to other gravel bikes to me...
Mark Sp

Post by Mark Sp »

I got the Verenti Substance Tiagra (2017) Adventure Road in December and started riding it in March - mainly commuting but with the odd road sportive. A solid bike that can jump between road & gravel paths. It is heavy in comparison to aluminium or carbon alternatives but with slicks on is quick enough on the road imo. I've done 6,000 kms so far & other than a gear cable replacement I've had no issues (Wiggle also refunded the cable replacement as local shop advised gears weren't properly set up). Customer service from Wiggle is prompt and good enough.
bikebakker

Post by bikebakker »

I'm looking for a front and back rack to carry bags on. I've been doing some lightweight backpacking last two years but I'm looking for ways to carry a bit more tuff with me. Do you have experience in mounting racks, front and rear, on your Virenti/Vitus Substance bike? Please let me know. Pictures are welcome.