Randonneur Pro 2

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
rmurphy195

Randonneur Pro 2

Post by rmurphy195 »

I have a pair of these which I fitted around April/May last year, since when I have covered maybe 1200 miles (occasional use!), not heavily laden and I don't use a dynamo. The tyres have always been correctly inflated(I use a pressure gauge these days!). Tyres are 700c x 32 Randonneur Pro 2.

The rear one is showing severe cracking along the dynamo track. I've wizzed off an email, with pictures, to the supplier to see what they say. In the meantime the front one has been moved to the back, and fresh tyre fitted to the front.

Never had this problem before, with tyres fitted for several years and many thousands of miles.

Pending the suppliers reply, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has had a similar problem with these tyres.

BTW the "fresh" tyre is a Voyager Hyper (again 700x32) - and it seems like a balloon tyre in comparison!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
rmurphy195

Re: Randonneur Pro 2

Post by rmurphy195 »

Well, having completely misunderstood Wiggle's returns procedure for faulty goods I've now returned the tyre rather than just pictures of it! (Delay entirely my fault)

Will update with the result.

Have now replaced both tyres with Voyager Hypers, well please with these, they've improved the bike's handling almost as much as the Randonneurs improved it over the 700x28 Marathons. So even if I get a replacement Randonneur I think I'll stick with the Voyagers

UPDATE - Wiggle despatched a replacement tyre on receipt of the old one, no quibbling, despite the fact that the tyres now cost almost double what I paid and that I'd had it for over a year.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !