mug shootout

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Si

mug shootout

Post by Si »

how do we judge the best cycling organisation? Fastest tired, flashest bikes? No, best brew, that's how we judge, and to have a good brew you need a good mug . So here is the Cycling UK vs British Cycling great mug shoot out!

Front view....both say what they are but one has to say that BC does it with a bit more glamour and colour. CUK has the logo but lacks colour.
Rear view....BC carries on the design from the front, scoring points for continuity, but CUK throws in a 'querky' cartoon so you have some reading to do while quaffing your brew. It's not exactly an art-house hipster chic meme, but its cycling related.
Capacity...CUK wins out by a couple of ml.
Heat retention.....BC seems to have sides that are thicker by a few microns.
Drinking experience....if you've fat fingers you'll appreciate CUK's more roomy handle. Mouth-feel, there is little to choose between them.
Packaging....CUK came in robust polystyrene packing, BC arrived in a 'This girl can' bag.

Overall verdict.....it's a pigging mug...put brew in it and drink out of it (now, who can spot the point I'm making about magazine bike reviews, and my annoyance there with?)
WP_20171012_17_08_14_Pro (2).jpg
Attachments
WP_20171012_17_08_24_Pro (2).jpg
AlaninWales

Re: mug shootout

Post by AlaninWales »

On yer bike :wink:
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Assuming your wording of brew means tea, then I wouldn't drink out of either of them.
Tea should only ever be drunk out of bone china mugs. :mrgreen:

In case I'm barking (oh yes, I know :roll: ) up the wrong tree, does one actually "brew" coffee?

fausto.
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

Si - I'm a bit worried at what looks like lipstick prints on the BC mug. Anything you want to get off your chest?
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Si

Post by Si »

Spinners wrote:Si - I'm a bit worried at what looks like lipstick prints on the BC mug. Anything you want to get off your chest?

Well.......

I've been drinking red berry fruit tea out of it.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
rjb

Post by rjb »

This thread belongs in the tea shop.

image.jpg
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Si

Post by Si »

I was thinking of expanding it to CUK vs BC.....water bottles, boot bags and shirts. Although sustrans wins with the shirts as mine has got a chopper on it :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Heh, proper cycling tea drinkers need a BIG mug (sorry about the tea marks, needs washing up):

20171023_154441.jpg
20171023_154447.jpg
20171023_154453.jpg

These have, of course, been seen at Cycling UK National Office too, so they are "approved". :)
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

All a question of scale, really ...
Attachments
IMGP1640rs.JPG
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !